Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone going to heckle our* supposed MP as she stands trial in court on criminal charges..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To just go ahead and implement isn't helpful either.
They weren't implementing in Balcombe, they were researching.

I think it's clear the government and companies behind this don't actually give much regard to research in this area. The american politicians made a lot of money as did the fracking companies in the US. There are far too many UK politicians with positions on boards and holdings into institutions that all have a lot to gain from fracking being introduced here.
Yes, I don't doubt there is plenty of corruption in this area.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
They weren't implementing in Balcombe, they were researching.

They were testing to see if the area was suitable for franking.

Not sure you can call that research. Don't think any scientific research institutes, universities or consultants were involved. It was just Cuadrilla testing the site.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They were testing to see if the area was suitable for franking.

Not sure you can call that research. Don't think any scientific research institutes, universities or consultants were involved. It was just Cuadrilla testing the site.
Ok. Still not fracking though.

Are there some independent studies that show the likely outcome of fracking?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
..next Monday at Edward Street.

I know I am .

By- Election looms.

*if you live in BN1

Your first "heckle" (even though it will undoubtedly be exceeding witty) will see you get told to shut up.

Your second heckle (probably pithier and more incisive than the first) will get you told to leave.

If you refuse to go (and you should, your public NEEDS you) you will face contempt of court.

Go for it I say and expose Ms Lucas for the intelligent, articulate, educated and principled person that you clearly aren't.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I am so glad that where Timmy is working he is not allowed Internet access now so we only have to put up with this **** outside of his work hours.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Breaking the law to stand up for any belief is not acceptable.

But yet standing up at a football match in front of others is although the stadium rules state one shouldn't. Pick and choose when it suits perhaps?

Ironic.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

She hasn't been convicted yet. She is likely to be convicted because it's a public order offence which can best be summed up as "not doing what a police officer told her", but it is still to early to declare that she broke the law.
There have been plenty of successful defences made against charges on public order offences.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
I know what you mean, so much for politicians and diplomacy being used to deal with issues? She should be looking to use her power as an MP to try to resolve this through due process rather than breaking the law to protest in person.

Those opposed to this type of venture should be able to turn to their politicians (regardless of political party) and how can her constituants do that if she is unavailable because she is in the middle of Balcombe / at a Police station under arrest. - It just sends out the message that politics doesn't work, so why bother![/QUOTE

It would appear that the juxtaposition of your comment with your user-name is an irony that is clearly lost on you!!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
They said on the local news that this case will run for 5 days. Why? If it had been me or you it would have taken less than 30 minutes.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I agree with you. Sometimes breaking the law is justified for the cause and in this case it probably wasn't ( and wasn't even necessary ).

That said, for anyone to say in a blanket way the law should "NEVER" be broken is naive in the extreme. Martin Luther King was supported by forceful, law breaking campaigns ( although he didn't outwardly show support for the methods ).

Strictly speaking, French resistance fighters during WWII were breaking German imposed laws - I'm sure there is nobody that would suggest they were in the wrong.

It's far too simplistic to say the law should never be broken. I for one support the breaking of laws - in certain circumstances.

Agree with almost every word here, Westdene: :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They said on the local news that this case will run for 5 days. Why? If it had been me or you it would have taken less than 30 minutes.

You don't go to court much, do you?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Your first "heckle" (even though it will undoubtedly be exceeding witty) will see you get told to shut up.

Your second heckle (probably pithier and more incisive than the first) will get you told to leave.

If you refuse to go (and you should, your public NEEDS you) you will face contempt of court.

Go for it I say and expose Ms Lucas for the intelligent, articulate, educated and principled person that you clearly aren't.

Very, very well put.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here