Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone going to become a Crawley fan for the day ?

Ian_CTFC

Jan 26, 2005
oyou d have more chance of retriving an ice cube from a burning fire than crawley beating man u..so whats the point of going ..

That has to be the most ridiculous comment from a football fan I've ever heard.

I assume your interest in football was ignited by Euro 96? :nono:

Ian_CTFC

Jan 26, 2005
Of the 11,000 people from Crawley heading up, approximately 80% of those will never, ever have seen the team play, and would certainly never have described themselves as Crawley supporters if asked. And probably 80% of those will never watch the team again after the United match.

And 95.63546% of stats are made up on the spot. :nono:

I like that smilie, it sums up most of the shit on here quite well :bigwave:

So only 2,200 of those at the Derby/Swindon/Weymouth/Torquay games will go? Only 2,200 people going to Old Trafford will have ever seen a Crawley game? Does your brain now compute how ridiculous that sounds?

Undoubtedly there will be some 'first timers', but everyone has to have a first time, right? Mine was v Three Bridges in the 2nd Round of Sussex Senior Cup in 1984. Most will have been to a match before, even if it has only been one or two.

:yawn:

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
I don't understand the hostility to Crawley. I hope they don't get stuffed at OT as I don't really like Man Ure and to be honest there will be as much Man Ure fans coming as far as Crawley fans...... Let them enjoy their day out just as we have done in the past. Millenium Stadium comes to mind where we took 30,000 on the back of 6,000 odd home crowds. Crawley are still a non league side and not long ago were in the Sussex County so they won't have the league history we do, thus the big support we can call on. I am completely non plussed about their tie and my only interest is because of FDM. I shall be at Stoke supporting the Albion.

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
That has to be the most ridiculous comment from a football fan I've ever heard.

I assume your interest in football was ignited by Euro 96? :nono:

really, what a shame... why u on a brighton forum site anyway? replying negative comments to every thread and post on crawley..just becuse you dont like them or find em offensive... stick to yer own mickey mouse site and have yer banter quotes etc etc with the likes of barrow & tamworth fans :annoyed:

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I'm hoping to be at the brit that weekend, And a trip to Old Trafford would be expensive on top of that.
But i would LOVE IT if Crawley beat ManUre LOVE IT!

Would be even better if out of shock Taggart set fire to himself on the centre spot at Old Trafford :lol:

Jan 1, 2011
oh yeah, ur get people coming out the woodwork full splinters for this game... glory hunters they are called... shame on you, anyway you d have more chance of retriving an ice cube from a burning fire than crawley beating man u..so whats the point of going

What on Earth? That is the most ridiculously stupid thing I have ever heard ANYONE say. What's the point in going? This is one of the most biggest matches ever in Crawley Town's history, in fact it is probably the biggest. Think about it, playing teams like Barrow and Grimsby week in week out and then having Manchester United away to look forward to. :)

Just like you and Villa, Brighton knew they had barely any chance of winning, but yet you all went and had a great day out. Same with us, except this is twice as big.

I know Crawley have very little chance of winning, but if Man United play an average side with Johnny Evans, Oshea and Gibson we will give them a good game.

With this game we can pay for all of the money we spent on transfers if we still have a little bit to pay and we can generally just have a good day out. But if Crawley were to win, you would be very happy, wouldn't you?:)

Jan 1, 2011
really, what a shame... why u on a brighton forum site anyway? replying negative comments to every thread and post on crawley..just becuse you dont like them or find em offensive... stick to yer own mickey mouse site and have yer banter quotes etc etc with the likes of barrow & tamworth fans :annoyed:

What is so bad about us Crawley fans coming on here from time to time? You have quite a lot of Palace fans on here and you don't mind them do you?

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I don't understand the hostility to Crawley.

Crikey, where does one start? The thoroughly unpleasant thug of a convicted criminal manager? The fact that they have spent more than any other league 1 or 2 side this year? Fairytale my arse. The clump round the noggin you got after ten-pin bowling? Come on United, stuff 'em.

Crikey, where does one start? The thoroughly unpleasant thug of a convicted criminal manager? The fact that they have spent more than any other league 1 or 2 side this year? Fairytale my arse. The clump round the noggin you got after ten-pin bowling? Come on United, stuff 'em.

Don't you know, they're from Sussex so you HAVE to like them.

:shrug:

Ian_CTFC

Jan 26, 2005

and
"you d have more chance of retriving an ice cube from a burning fire than crawley beating man u.. so whats the point of going .."

is just stuffed full of positivity :shootself

Nov 2, 2008
Running BN1
But Crawley ARE in Sussex!
Get over it!!!

In the past when Lewes, Eastbourne, Worthing, Hastongs, Bognor have had important league/cup games there has been wide spread support.

So what's the difference this time?

Oh Crawley are not a seaside town so shouldn't be in Sussex?
Or is it that some are fearful that the Albion will have some real threat?

I say get over it!
Wish Crawley well.
They are Sussex through & through and give them our support!

Sussex through and through are you actually joking? Full of wannabee londoners.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
I'll be going to Stoke

BUT

£41 a ticket for the crawley end. Nice and cheap...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here