Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone going to become a Crawley fan for the day ?

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Cannot stand Crawley, horrible manager and the way their players acted yesterday was a disgrace. Hope they get caned 10-0 and Man Utd make it free entry so they don't get any more money.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'll be there :)

Still, I think we'll settle for Old Trafford.

You will make a rake of cash out of that tie Greg, esecially if it's televised (and I think it wlll)

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Originally Posted by HoveHorace
No.

When we were desperate for a ground, before Gillingham stepped in, Crawley told us to F off. Never forgotten that

WROOOOONG, as usual
How is he wrong?
Crawley council,the Owners and Landlords of the Broadfield Stadium,refused to have us groundshare because they thought Palarse reserves would create more revenue so we ended up at Priestfield.
Palarse went Bankrupt and stiffed crawley council so it cost Crawley big time.

But good luck to CTFC anyway but no way would I go to watch them unless it was for another BHAFC 5-0 drubbing.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Well I will be considering going if the games are scheduled on different days.

Yesterday, I confess that I was at Torquay. I'd have loved to have gone to Watford, but it was a bit of a long trip from where I live and Torquay seemed a good option. I went to a lot of Crawley games before the Majeeds rocked up and I walked away. It was a good chance to catch up with some old friends and we had a great time. The majority of Crawley fans are no different to us.

People on here criticising them for their previous owners have short memories. Archer mean anything?
Also, mocking the fact that some will go to Old Trafford who have never been to a Crawley game before obviously don't remember the play-off final.

The fans deserve this. They've had a really shit few years and now have something to crow about - just like us!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Cannot stand Crawley, horrible manager and the way their players acted yesterday was a disgrace. Hope they get caned 10-0 and Man Utd make it free entry so they don't get any more money.

How did they act badly yesterday?

To be honest, some of the Torquay players took sportsmanship to a new low in their antics when the first penalty was awarded. I don't recall anything from the Crawley players that was questionable.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
How did they act badly yesterday?

To be honest, some of the Torquay players took sportsmanship to a new low in their antics when the first penalty was awarded. I don't recall anything from the Crawley players that was questionable.

I think the ITV coverage hasn't helped in this case, they showed several incidents from the match which showed Crawley in a very bad light including their warming up using the penalty area (which isn't the done thing) leading to arguments involving Steve Evans with Torquay officials when asked to use the practice goals provided instead, also there were the players reactions following a foul by a Crawley player leading to a heated exchange between both sides

I don't know if that was abnormal behavior from the clubs staff, brought on by the nature of the match but it certainly didn't make them any friends as a result

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Hmm I was expecting a bit of flack!

I have been an Albion fan for donkeys years, a season ticket holder & have bought my season ticket at Falmer. Got my 15 year old one too.
And no he hasn't been to Old Trafford. When was the last time we played there?

So there is an opportunity to support another SUSSEX club.
Like it or not Crawley are in Sussex!
Remember Bognor in the FA Cup a few years agp against league opposition?
Was there too.

How can folk hate Crawley?
There is no rivalry?
Palace, Pompey etc yes...but Crawley no way!!

This morning Radio 5 was banging on about two Sussex clubs in the FA Cup etc etc. This is good news for both clubs & the sleeping county of Sussex in general.

So may I suggest that we look at Crawley as a younger brother?
At times an irritance but at the end of the day you love them not hate them!

Try?

As said before, hope Crawley have a great day out, but as an Albion fan, and having waited 25 years since we were last in the fifth round, and suffered the ignomy of defeats at Kingstonian and others since then, only a complete saddo and fake fan would miss this to go 40 miles further up the M6 just to say that they have been to OT.

Dad 38

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
I was born in Crawley and hope they beat man utd....cant stand all tha anti-crawley comments on here

FACT> They are in Sussex

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
If we were out of the cup then I would go, I'd love to go to Old Trafford as it's the biggest league stadium in the country.

I guess I'll have to wait until the quarters to go

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I was born in Crawley and hope they beat man utd....cant stand all tha anti-crawley comments on here

FACT> They are in Sussex

Mark Pougatch on Twitter - "Huge antipathy and dislike from many twitterati towards Steve Evans at Crawley. I see the reasons. The Man Utd tie cuts no romantic glory..."

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
No, although having said that I don't particularly have anything against them and hope the genuine fans enjoy the day out! In terms of 'supporting' another team, I could never do that, I have supported Brighton my whole life and will until the day I die. When I first moved to Perth I went to a couple of the 'Glory' games (not in the pretense of becoming a fan, but to try and fill the weekned void of no longer going to watch the Albion play), I found that even when they scored and everyone was celebrating around me it really did not feel the same and I couldn't care less if they won. There is and always will be only one team for me!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Interestingly I had a text last night from my friend who lives in Crawley (and has never set foot in the Broadfield Stadium as he's a West Ham fan) asking if I want to go to Old Trafford! His son's football team are trying to organise a trip. And afaik none of them support Crawley, or even Brighton. When I've gone to see him play the boys (and their parents) always seem to be Chelsea, Arsenal or West Ham fans.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Cant believe some of the crap I am reading on here, The Withdean to Crawely is about 18 miles. I am a season ticket holder at the Withdean and go to as many away games as i can, I also go to see Crawley play when they are at home and Brighton are not playing. Thats does not mean I stop supporting the mighty seasgulls when i am at the broadfield Stadium, My love is Brighton, but I look out for Crawley as its my home town. I hope they are on different days so that I can get to both, but priority with be Stoke. All these comments about Crawley and not being in Sussex, there are loads of Brighton fans in Crawley that travel down and away, I know more Brighton fans than any other team in fact and we share a hatred for Palace which is good. You would be suprised by how good a side Steve Evans has put together, yer he has had some money, but he has spent it very well and Someone like Tubbs or Pablo Mills who not look out of place with the Seagulls, (Tubbs has scored 25 goals, more than our strikers put together and before you say it, has scored against Swindon, Derby and Torquay, so can cut it against league sides). Some of the comments on here are so shit, If brighton had a investor from the far east willing to spend big to get to the big time, we would love it and gloat and probably become arogant as well and on a seperate note, there is nothing wrong with players sticking by each other when a bit of trouble starts, the sending off was caused by a Torquay foul on a crawley player and there response to it, f***ing right that the Reds stuck together, its what I would want Brighton players to do all the time, all for one and one for all as they say and as for Evans, yer he is a a prize prick, but it appears a very good manager as well. In conclusion, Super Seagulls all the way, but good luck Crawley, get the dosh, enjoy the day and wn the league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here