Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone going in the trees tonight?

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
I am seriously considering buying a 2nd set of bino's and taking my son to the area behind the away fans and watching from there. I can recall watching yellow vested stewards moving people on from there during previous critical games. Does anyone know whether that patch of grass is private/illegal to stand on, or shed any light on the police/Club view on people watching from there?
Personally, I think they could have done more about the 'empty' seats in the away end and/or organised a live feed and charged a few more hundred desperate Albion fans to watch.
I even considered swapping my Stains/Huddersfield tickets in order to get in tonight but I don't partularly want to miss those games either :(

Roll on NEXT season, when I'll be alright Jack, still think there'll be hundreds of disappointed people on days like this though cos most of the Amex will be full of ST holders.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Now you've put it on here, you can guarantee stewards up there tonight

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Thanks Ding Dong, what was the view like? It's further back than the away end but it's higher, so I reckon, it might not be too bad thru the bino's ??

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Its part of the nature reserve, and is out of bounds during matches. Not sure what the actual legal status of this ban is, but there will be stewards there preventing access and asking you to leave.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Stewards will be doing their constant walk throughs unfortunately, so unless you're planning to do a 'Swampy' and be up the tallest tree in camouflage several hours before kick off I wouldn't bother. Might be worth turning up before the end to sneak in when they open the gates for the (hopeful) promotion celebrations though.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
So does firework man go early to his FOP and lay up SAS Stylee. :bowdown:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The stewards outside the ground are the REMF the firework man is probably from the RAF. (Rockets At Football) :smile:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
You can watch from the road behind the entrance to the South Stand. Not much of a view though. They might open the gates after the game and let people in if we have secured promotion, they did before.

Or alternatively, I will sell you my ticket for a hundred million pounds?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
In the very early days of Withdean there used to be loads of people in the trees behind the southstand, You used to be able to see the majority of the pitch from a few spots. I believe they have put a stop to it in more recent years though. i remember a few times away fans in there as well hurling abuse at the southstand.

onehanded

Oct 22, 2010
Try getting in away end..... may be someone with a spare ticket from D/G or order one to be picked up!!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm debating on getting a wireless and sitting by the main entrance to the south to get SOME of the atmosphere. :sad:

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
You can watch from the road behind the entrance to the South Stand. Not much of a view though. They might open the gates after the game and let people in if we have secured promotion, they did before.

Or alternatively, I will sell you my ticket for a hundred million pounds?
ill buy it.. as long as there is a hot dog chips and coffee thrown in

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I was a regular up the trees many years ago, used to go up there and drink whiskey from the bottle and shout 'we're the treeee stand were the treee stand' Watched the Chesterfield game up there, good times. Cant get away with it anymore unfortunately so I understand:(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here