Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else see the SUPERB Lost Christmas yesterday ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have to day The Lost Christmas with Eddie Izzard was one of the best pieces of new television I have seen in a long time.

A new and interesting take on Dicken's A Christmas Carol with Izzard as it transpires the Ghost of Christmas Future. Actions/Consequences.

The whole story developed well and kept all of us gripped until the moving end.

Izzard was top notch and I think the schedule will be hard pressed to come up with a better Christmas treat than this in the next week. Shame it was wasted in a 5.30 pm Sunday slot a week before Christmas as it deserved to be highlighted in a Prime evening slot Christmas Eve or Christmas day.

If you missed it and have i player do not miss this.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
I watched this, and while it was slightly twee, it was a good storyline, and yeah, I welled up a bit at the end. There, I've said it. I'm human after all.

Izzard was very good.

I'd recommend this too.

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
Didn't see it.
I was in my brother's garage, putting his daughter's bike together ready for Christmas day.
What kind of "man" doesn't even own a set of spanners?
Thanks for the heads up though, will catch up on iPlayer.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have to day The Lost Christmas with Eddie Izzard was one of the best pieces of new television I have seen in a long time.

A new and interesting take on Dicken's A Christmas Carol with Izzard as it transpires the Ghost of Christmas Future. Actions/Consequences.

The whole story developed well and kept all of us gripped until the moving end.

Izzard was top notch and I think the schedule will be hard pressed to come up with a better Christmas treat than this in the next week. Shame it was wasted in a 5.30 pm Sunday slot a week before Christmas as it deserved to be highlighted in a Prime evening slot Christmas Eve or Christmas day.

If you missed it and have i player do not miss this.

Blimey, the best Uncle Spielberg tip this year, saw it last night on the Iplayer and as billed, it was special. Maybe a little slow at first but it builds nicely and at the end you feel quite happy but equally, still a tad confused. All in all, streets ahead of that poncey, absurd, over puffed tosh that is Downton Abbey.

Thank you Uncle

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its a pleasure Veg. It was by far the best TV over Xmas. Knocked everything else into a cocked hat. The only thing worth watching and the best film was the 29 year old ET - The Extraterrestrial.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Didn't watch much TV over Christmas to be honest, but will definitely be giving this a whirl in the next few days.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Happy New Year Simster. Lets hope its a good one mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here