Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else really excited about our first game under Hughton?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Not really. Pleased he is in but suspect its a long hall to turn this lot around.

Oh no and there are no doors, just how are we going to get him out in time for kick off......

Attachments

• 3044484910_4389fe1a50.jpg
    3044484910_4389fe1a50.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 227

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I always seem to be rather foolishly excited before any Brighton game. It's almost as if i have a blue and white striped memory block that prevents me from thinking anything negative.

Add to this the first game of a new manager and an FA Cup match, I am almost bursting with excitement!!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Must admit I'd lost my Albion mojo during November and much of December. We were struggling and there seemed no plan to sack Hyypia.

The last week has changed it dramatically. Recovery against Reading and win at Fulham highlighted we actually have a decent team, just Hyypia played them in the wrong formation and made poor selection choices. With Hughton's first game today, I am quite excited although I don't necessarily think we will win. Brentford are a decent team and just because we have a new manager, doesn't mean we'll beat them. Should be a good game though and hopefully we can get through!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Must admit I'd lost my Albion mojo during November and much of December. We were struggling and there seemed no plan to sack Hyypia.

The last week has changed it dramatically. Recovery against Reading and win at Fulham highlighted we actually have a decent team, just Hyypia played them in the wrong formation and made poor selection choices. With Hughton's first game today, I am quite excited although I don't necessarily think we will win. Brentford are a decent team and just because we have a new manager, doesn't mean we'll beat them. Should be a good game though and hopefully we can get through!

Sums my feelings up. Not anticipating a great result today despite the Hewton factor, so anything other than defeat will be a bonus.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Today Im cautious and not expecting too much. First its the FA cup and thats not our priority. second Brentford are one of the most on form teams in the league and three Houghton hasn't had a full week in charge yet. Next week's first league game Im really excited about.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
There'll be a Hughton Out poll up by suppertime...

Yeh good luck Chris - not sure I've wanted a manager to succeed so much since McGhee was here :)

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
As soon as I saw the team named I liked the look of it.
A very good win and real hope for the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here