Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Wordle 265 X/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜��
��⬜��⬜⬜
⬜��������
⬜��������
⬜��������
⬜��������
First fail. Like others had the right word in mind but tried other versions first. Grrrr!
P38 current streak now 0 Max streak 10 Average 4.15

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Today is one of those days where luck plays a part. My first guess had first and second letters as green and that made things a lot easier

I'm waiting for Thunder Bolt to pop up with how she got on in French Wordle, cos it's an absolute sod today. I resorted to a crossword solver to get it as I was on my final go. It's a word that's so obscure that it's not even in my dictionary, that's when things are tough

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Got it in ONE today, the word was my normal starting word, felt cheated out of a daily go really

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Wordle220311.png

The "99 gang" gained a lot of members today.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Today is one of those days where luck plays a part. My first guess had first and second letters as green and that made things a lot easier

I'm waiting for Thunder Bolt to pop up with how she got on in French Wordle, cos it's an absolute sod today. I resorted to a crossword solver to get it as I was on my final go. It's a word that's so obscure that it's not even in my dictionary, that's when things are tough

So you cheated TWICE today :nono:

Twitter hints count as cheating too :wink:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Four

Streak 74

Record is:
1 - 00
2 - 02
3 - 28
4 - 33
5 - 13
6 - 01
7 - 01

298/77= 3.87

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Wordle 265 X/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜��
��⬜��⬜⬜
⬜��������
⬜��������
⬜��������
⬜��������
First fail. Like others had the right word in mind but tried other versions first. Grrrr!
P38 current streak now 0 Max streak 10 Average 4.15

Same thing happened to me - 4 wrong guesses at the first letter and struck out.

3.65 0/55

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Twitter hints count as cheating too :wink:

Only when you go looking for them

What happened was that two people I follow had both indicated that they'd had a lot of guesses for the first letter ... once I'd seen that, I couldn't unsee it and it was pretty easy to work out the word.

The French one I can excuse, it's not my native language and a word that's not in the dictionary is going to defeat a lot of non-native French (that's my excuse anyway)

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
I was actually pleased to get it in 6 today, there were so many remaining possibilities - and even more so when I saw how many poor unfortunates had struck out here. I feel your pain

Wordle 265 6/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟨🟨🟩
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Streak=79, average=3.94

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

5/6 I got the last four letters & took three goes to get the right starting letter. I ended up going on Google Translate and trying the alphabet with éligible letters.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Wordle 265 X/6

[emoji833]🟩🟩🟩🟩
[emoji833]🟩🟩🟩🟩
[emoji833]🟩🟩🟩🟩
[emoji833]🟩🟩🟩🟩
[emoji833]🟩🟩🟩🟩
[emoji833]🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 265 X/6

[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]🟨🟨
🟨🟩[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]
[emoji833]🟩🟩🟩🟩
[emoji833]🟩🟩🟩🟩
[emoji833]🟩🟩🟩🟩
[emoji833]🟩🟩🟩🟩

So many options if you get the last 4 letters in place. [emoji35]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Only when you go looking for them

What happened was that two people I follow had both indicated that they'd had a lot of guesses for the first letter ... once I'd seen that, I couldn't unsee it and it was pretty easy to work out the word.

The French one I can excuse, it's not my native language and a word that's not in the dictionary is going to defeat a lot of non-native French (that's my excuse anyway)

I was jesting

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well that was a little slag now wasn't it. I had 4 letters in place from my 3rd attempt, and scraped home with a 6. Was lucky to get that as well, there was still 3 other words it could still have been.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here