Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
How does this work @SeagullsoverLondon ?

I have just got a new starter word I’m happy with.
No, the all starting with the same word was just a random musing.
This will be a cup competition (either group stages or straight knock out), exact format to be decided depending upon number of entries.
It gets very competitive and we all get very excited for a while, then @Bakero wins!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No, the all starting with the same word was just a random musing.
This will be a cup competition (either group stages or straight knock out), exact format to be decided depending upon number of entries.
It gets very competitive and we all get very excited for a while, then @Bakero wins!
Got it. So best score on the day wins? I’m in!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
5 second job.
Since I started colour-coding my spreadsheet of previous answers, I've had more 2s with words starting with this letter than any other number.
Means 3.68 / 3.29 (2024)
Streaks 154 / 239.
Wordle 963 2/6

🟩🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
That all sounds way too serious for me @BrightonCottager😊 - I’ve no doubt it will bring you further rewards though- well done!

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
With the addition of @Harry Wilson's tackle and @Guinness Boy, that makes 20, which I calculate to be 4 groups of 5.
If everyone is happy, we will do a group format again, playing each player twice. We will then sort out each group based upon points, then points difference, then head to head (but crucially NOT away goals!),with a replay as necessary. Top 2 to go through in each group to quarter finals, over 2 legs with replays as necessary. Then onto semi finals and finals.
I will do a random draw for groups and work out fixtures tomorrow, so be ready to start on Friday morning.
Remember we are playing just for the glory and of course the chance to gloat on our signature, as per @Frutos , the only player to ever beat @Bakero in one of these competitions.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
AlmerΓ­a
With the addition of @Harry Wilson's tackle and @Guinness Boy, that makes 20, which I calculate to be 4 groups of 5.
If everyone is happy, we will do a group format again, playing each player twice. We will then sort out each group based upon points, then points difference, then head to head (but crucially NOT away goals!),with a replay as necessary. Top 2 to go through in each group to quarter finals, over 2 legs with replays as necessary. Then onto semi finals and finals.
I will do a random draw for groups and work out fixtures tomorrow, so be ready to start on Friday morning.
Remember we are playing just for the glory and of course the chance to gloat on our signature, as per @Frutos , the only player to ever beat @Bakero in one of these competitions.

Have I won more than one? πŸ€”

I remember the last but thought that was it.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Have I won more than one? πŸ€”

I remember the last but thought that was it.
You definitely won the Wembley Wordle competition last May, and I think the shorter Spring Cup last February/March, in addition to the Europa Cup last Autumn.
@Frutos won the inaugural Wordle World Cup.
I believe @BrightonCottager has a colour coded spreadsheet with it all on.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Glory? I'm in it for the money.

Oh, hang on.....

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
A few secs and half asleep 😴
Wordle 964 2/6

⬜⬜🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Don’t count me in to any comp, I only do Wordle now and then these days - I gave up doing streaks a few years ago as I kept forgetting to do it every day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here