Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else on Holiday for the play off games? If so where?

geniarse

Jan 2, 2012
My ex-wife informed me the other week that she was taking my sons away on holiday to Egypt leaving next Monday for a fortnight. My 12yr old was devastated. So much so that he made her life a living hell and she has now changed the departure to Tuesday!!!

He realises that IF we get to the final he'll miss it, so I've stuck a proxy on his iPad, configured Sky Go and made sure the hotel has wifi.

Sorted.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
My ex-wife informed me the other week that she was taking my sons away on holiday to Egypt leaving next Monday for a fortnight. My 12yr old was devastated. So much so that he made her life a living hell and she has now changed the departure to Tuesday!!!

He realises that IF we get to the final he'll miss it, so I've stuck a proxy on his iPad, configured Sky Go and made sure the hotel has wifi.

Sorted.

From experience sky go will only work in UK.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
I'm in cyprus for the 2nd leg, land back into heathrow day before final. So plan of we make final is that family head back to Bristol and ill stay in London ready for wembley!!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Not a holiday but I am off to Scotland on Sunday on work duty :(

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Working in Freiburg, Germany on Monday but just had an email from an Irish bar near my hotel confirming that they will put the match on a TV for me. The only proviso is that the sound will be off as Monday night is their quiz night - better than nothing though so can't complain.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Spain for the final.

I know a little traditional Spanish bar full of locals. They will put it on for me and when I share the team sheet with them they will all be cheering on the stripes. As long as we get there of course.

Anyone know the Spanish for:

OK Diego put the box on and I'll show you some flair. Then pour me a San Miguel por vavour.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Spain for the final.

I know a little traditional Spanish bar full of locals. They will put it on for me and when I share the team sheet with them they will all be cheering on the stripes. As long as we get there of course.

Anyone know the Spanish for:

OK Diego put the box on and I'll show you some flair. Then pour me a San Miguel por vavour.

Perhaps you should focus your tv on the Spanish banners being displayed

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
Supposed to flying out to Greece on the 26th May, already told the missus that I'm easyjetting it out on the 28th if we go to Wembley.

Kind of in the dog house at the moment

geniarse

Jan 2, 2012
"...so I've stuck a proxy on his iPad..."

Works perfectly. Well in my experience anyway... ;-)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm in Germany for the final.....IF we make it, I'll be flying back.

:)

Uridium

May 30, 2011
Supposed to flying out to Greece on the 26th May, already told the missus that I'm easyjetting it out on the 28th if we go to Wembley.

Kind of in the dog house at the moment
Am also on holiday for the final. Brighton's change in form coincided exactly with me recognising the enormity of this schoolboy error. Only in France but the travel times, costs and marital grief are huge. Currently researching chartering a private aircraft.... :nono:

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
I am in Majorca on a family holiday, is anyone likely to be watching the game in or near Puerto Pollensa? If so where? I will be wearing my skint top with pride.

I am sure i can get the locals on our side when i tell them about our Spanish contingent :D

Any bar / pub recomendations appreciated, cheers.

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
I'm in Paphos for the final. I was also there last year when we lost 6-0 to West Sham watching on some Al Jazeera channel in a bar, much to the amusement of a group of Leicester fans. Do I watch it in the same bar should/when we get to the final or find a different one?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm on a campsite in Sorrento, Italy for the final.

Didn't actually have a lot of choice on this one even as ST holder, the wife has had a hard time recently at work and looking after kids on her own while I've been working away so demanded - fairly - a break at half-term.

I'll be sick if we are now in the final and I miss it, but I'll be equally gutted if we lose to Palace. I will feel like Roy Keane and Paul Scholes in Turin at the Amex on Monday if we win!

Happily there appear to be a few bars in Sorrento that show English football so would be able to see it with some pizza and red wine, and I'll send NSC a postcard from Vesuvius and Pompeii.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here