Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Anyone else just got a phone book through their door?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
What an unbelievable waste of money and resources

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
No, but the house opposite, where I'm feeding the cat, got one. Just like Mars Bars, they're not as big as they used to be!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I didn't think we were allowed to bounce threads from 20 years ago.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Ahem...

"You’ve called the Seagull Line on Brighton 8049. The line for Albion information every day, 24 hours a day."
Rang it once, about 1979, we played a midweek away and I wanted the result. Armed with 2p’s (or 5p’s whatever it was) I was excited when it connected “Hello, what was the score…….” I asked before realising it was a recorded message. By the time Tony Millard had done that intro and read out the Seagull Lottery results I ran out of coins, so to this day I never did find out the result, so if anyone knows how we got on in the League Cup away at Cambridge, I’d be obliged.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I used to make a ton of money out of the yellow pages a £20k advertisement spend used to bring in £150k a year back in the day. Fecking hate the internet for advertising it’s far too busy and Google can’t stop tweaking for the worst IMO.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Yes, I received one a couple of days ago. Spent 5 mins explaining to Jnr that they used to be 3 times the size & you'd get the Yellow Pages & Phone Book. The writing in it is so small, or maybe my eyesight has just got worse over the years. :unsure:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Just got one delivered in Somerset.
Ripped the glossy cover off and put the matt pages in the kindling store for the wood burner 👍

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I got one last week, also checked to see if I was in it, I'm not. It'll be recycled next week.

Jul 7, 2003
As a kid I used to earn money delivering the dialing codes booklets to houses in the local area. Looks like they were last printed in 1983 as after that, the codes were included in the main phone book.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Rang it once, about 1979, we played a midweek away and I wanted the result. Armed with 2p’s (or 5p’s whatever it was) I was excited when it connected “Hello, what was the score…….” I asked before realising it was a recorded message. By the time Tony Millard had done that intro and read out the Seagull Lottery results I ran out of coins, so to this day I never did find out the result, so if anyone knows how we got on in the League Cup away at Cambridge, I’d be obliged.
Give me a call and I'll update you.

60p per minute

I'll be doing the transfer and new kit updates first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here