Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else have a dead smart card yesterday?

Miocene

Mar 23, 2011
Hastings
Sorry if fixtures.

Did anyone else had a "dead" smart card yesterday?

Turned up and my card wouldnt let me in, in fact, it wouldn't do anything. A nice chap checked his PDA (I assume to make sure i had paid) and said the card was dead and would need to pop into the store to pick up a new one.

He swiped me in so i could at least watch the game.

Just wondered if anyone else had the same trouble yesterday as it appeared i wasn't the only one.

It looks like i will get a new card this season after all :smile:

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
I had the same problem, but when I persisted the girl asked her supervisor and he came over and knew what to do, you have to swipe the card then cancel it to make it active, then swipe it a second time and it will work. :thumbsup:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
My card is good but I'm not sure I'd describe it as "dead smart"

Miocene

Mar 23, 2011
Hastings
I had the same problem, but when I persisted the girl asked her supervisor and he came over and knew what to do, you have to swipe the card then cancel it to make it active, then swipe it a second time and it will work. :thumbsup:

Interesting!

Had a nice reply from the club about it today....

"I’m sorry your card didn’t work although I can see that it did work on the pocket turnstile that the steward used.

I would advise you to bring the ticket in to the ticket office on Saturday and they can check it for you. They can then issue a new one if necessary and we can add any cashback that we owe you. I only suggest this because the existing card will allow you the free transport option.

Please be assured we will sort it out on Saturday for you!

Kind regards
Sally Townsend
Customer Services Manager"

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Someone in the West Stand Upper in my row had this problem too...

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
No problem getting in, but having added £20 to the card earlier in the day & got confirmation etc., when I got to the till it told me there was only 0.65p on it, a puzzling state of affairs that I haven't had a chance to chase up yet.

Dec 29, 2011
A big queue in the ticket office until about 10 minutes after KO trying to sort it out. Was a bit manic but they eventually coped ok.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
No problem getting in, but having added £20 to the card earlier in the day & got confirmation etc., when I got to the till it told me there was only 0.65p on it, a puzzling state of affairs that I haven't had a chance to chase up yet.

I had that at Reading, most annoying. However, money appeared shortly afterwards.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I still only have one of two season tickets so another half hour on the phone this afternoon to arrange collection of a paper ticket on Saturday.
The staff are fantastic in being as helpful as they can be but there do seem to be a lot of glitches

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here