Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else getting close to finally moving into the Hyypia out camp?

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
A big OUT from me i think sammi has lost the players and teams find it oh so easy to score against us under Garcia we were granite conceded 40 goals in the normal league season we have already conceded 25 in 19 matches the way we are going cud be over last seasons goals against by the turn of the year!!! need a change and very soon well before the january transfer window

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I was balls deep in the OUT camp since Mid October and NOTHING has changed my opinion.

Moving in to? I've been in the camp so long, I've had to change the Calor gas canister about 7 times...

I was on the FENCE after Ipswich away and moved to the OUT camp not long after that. I've been here so LONG that there's a 95% chance that I've had a DUMP on the GRASS that these JCLs have pitched up on. There are NO toliet FACILITIES here.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Does anybody else think Tony is playing mind games here, waiting for Sami to blink first?

Sacking Sami I assume will be quite costly as we'd have to pay him a nice hefty sum. Maybe Tony is biding his time and waiting for a resignation? We know he isn't afraid to gamble

That's some gamble ... the cost of sacking SH will pale into insignificance compared to the loss of revenue from relegation

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Lose on Saturday I reckon it will be curtains for SH. We cannot afford to go down this season. The club will look at this, and the impact it would have on season ticket sales if we did. I would go whatever division we are in but there are some who wouldn't. I have already noticed a few people who have dissapeared this season.

I think any hope of even getting a point at Derby is virtually nil so the trigger wont be pulled until after the Millwall game.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I think the main issue with Hyppia is it appears he just cannot motivate the players, the squad we have should be mid-table at least ... Ince seems to have had all the goodness drained from him ... the tactics seem to go awry once we score a goal and dare to take the lead the whole team as a unit drops 10 yards back inviting the opposition to attack us at will and when we do clear the ball it just comes straight back at us because all our players are wedged in our 18-yard box

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Been out for a while. In the first few games, I thought the style of play looked quite exciting. At the time I put the conceded goals and lack of organisation down to a manager finding his feet, and the players getting to grips with the system.

Thing is, nothing has changed. The match at the weekend was entertaining, but that was because Fulham aren't that great and we looked like had a manager finding his feet, and the players getting to grips with the system

Under Garcia and Poyet we had a rock solid defence. Obviously there's been some changes, but right now, it just seems like we are waiting to concede.....

I had a look at the defence and keeper from 11/12. The current one looks better. So for me it's the tactics, we really shouldn't be conceding the way we are.

The worst thing for me, is that over three seasons in this division we built up a side and style based on solid defensive work and patient passing, with at times some real attacking flair.

That all seems to be disregarded.

Now I feel sad.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Nah, i'm not in such a camp. I'm not in the thinking he's doing a wonderful job and applaud is every mutterance either. But then i don't really need to be in any camp other than the one in which i enjoy the way we play in general, hoping a nugget or two of self-belief embeds itself in our squad and Hyypia to make our seagull-feathered-world a better place. Am looking forward to the next few games, which is more than i felt for a few spells last term.

Northern Monkey

Dec 5, 2012
He's got to go. We currently find ourselves in a relegation scrap and I don't think he's got the stomach for it. Come to mention it, I'm not sure some of the players have either, not with Hyypia in charge. He seems to have sucked the fight and confidence right out of the team.

We need someone to come in with fresh ideas, but far more importantly someone who can rekindle that passion and morale. Leave it too long however and I fear we could find ourselves in a downward spiral we'll be hard-pressed to pull out of.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I keep thinking that the decision not to get an experienced no.2 in to assist SH is the biggest mistake the club made. I feel sure tactics/formations/signings may well have changed and or been quicker had Sammy Lee arrived. A vocal person he trusts implicitly is what any manager needs at times.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
hate all this modern crap when managers life expectancy is measured in weeks not seasons and i try to be as positive as possible about everything Albion but i am surely tested now. The substitutions on saturday were chronic and summed it up.I dont know how to sum up someone that was clearly a world class player yet is left wanting at basic decisions.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I keep thinking that the decision not to get an experienced no.2 in to assist SH is the biggest mistake the club made. I feel sure tactics/formations/signings may well have changed and or been quicker had Sammy Lee arrived. A vocal person he trusts implicitly is what any manager needs at times.

good point but makes you wonder why Sammy Lee looked at us and decided to walk away?What did he notice?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Inching close, I must admit.

Not being funny but you live in OZ and don't get to watch matches. How can your opinion be valid?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
**** sake three wins all season and people are still sitting on the fence.

This so called run we may put together hasnt happened. It will never happen. We are going down. Bin the Finn.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
He has to go, but he's not the only one responsible for this shambles. The "tactics," for want of a better word, have been awful and the organisation defensively has been abysmal. Selection has also been baffling at times, and these are all issues where Hyypia is ultimately responsible.

However, the clusterf**k that has been recruitment is not solely down to him. Burke, Bloom and probably Barber must share the blame here. We started by selling our prized assets, albeit for good fees. We then procrastinated, missing out on players before securing cut-price deals just before the window closed. Net result - they're not very good, and did not have a pre-season to gel as a team. This has now been realised and scattergun loaning (a la Adams mk II) has begun. Result - an expensive, bloated squad that don't give a s**t cod they'll all be back at their parent clubs sooner or later. All the progress of the last few years under Gus and, to a lesser extent, Oscar, is in grave danger of being undone in one season of ineptitude from the top down, and that really pisses me off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here