Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else get nuisance calls offering to fix the problems with your Windows computer?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I haven't been blessed with these phone calls yet...

But I am blessed with calls from automated messages telling me I qualify for a new government funded boiler:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

I'm getting them up to 4 times a day and regularly fill up our answer machine so we can't accept any more messages. We can get up to 4 of these a day and they drive me insane. I've even phoned them back on several occasions. Politely, and angrily telling them to remove our phone number from their lists but they still keep coming.

We moved 7 weeks ago to a new rented flat, and switched phone providers and had a new number installed for our broadband . Only 6 people have the number , me and the missus , my parents and her parents. We haven't given it out to anyone else or typed it into anything on the internet. It's also ex directory and we are now registered with the TPS.

Yesterday we had a voice message from the same poxy advert:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

I give up with it I really do :(

If it wasn't for needing a landline for the internet and our parents to call us (they still haven't got used to mobile phones yet) I wouldn't have one.

Edit.... Can anyone tell me why in my post that answer machine and mobile phones are hyperlinked to very.co.uk for an answer phone and mobile phones is hyperlinked to the Vodafone site?? I didn't tell it to do that! And if it's some sort of advertising program on NSC do I get a cut of any profits seeing as I'm being used to do it?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Can anyone tell me why in my post that answer machine and mobile phones are hyperlinked to very.co.uk for an answer phone and mobile phones is hyperlinked to the Vodafone site??

Not happened on mine. But if I say they have, can I have a share of the profits too?

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
All the time. Average of one a fortnight. Depending on my mood:

1. String them along for a few minutes then tell them I can't access my windows as the curtains are drawn.

2. Tell them to "go away"

3. Scream really loud down the phone as if being attacked.

There is a YouTube clip where a guy who is a programmer strings them along or over an hour. Towards the end, the scammer loses it and starts abusing the guy when he realises he has been strung along.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Really have fun with these and make a new story up each time they call, ranging from trying to understand which of my windows need double glazing to challenging them to say which version of windows they think I have, how they know I have acomputer, or asking them where they are calling from and getting them to tell me about the town.
My mother, who is 80 odd, just listens and then tells them they are liars as she doesn't have a computer!

Pretty much what I do.

I've told them lots of stuff to test them and it's fun when you take them somewhere where their scamming script doesn't tell them how to respond.

The best way to get rid is to tell them the only person in the house who has a computer is you son/daughter (whether its true or not) they immediately give up at that point as they seem to have been told they are not allowed to talk to kids.

Scammers the lot of them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here