Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Anyone else feeling unapologetically in the mood for Christmas?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
bah-humbug-no-christmas.gif

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes. I love the whole thing, which my daughter’s followed. Decs went up record early for us last Wednesday … I succumbed to the gentle pressure.

No stress, as all presents bought or ordered already.
The Danny Baker way - I fully endorse :thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Mrs V's elderly mother passed away on wednesday this week, our quiet Christmas together will be ruined by the arrival of her brother and sister for a free feed now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mrs V's elderly mother passed away on wednesday this week, our quiet Christmas together will be ruined by the arrival of her brother and sister for a free feed now.
Bloody bereaved relatives - cah!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
"The most wonderful day of the year"

I love Christmas but don't feel the need to get into the Christmas Spirit 3 weeks before it actually starts.

Obviously not wanting to celebrate for the whole month of December makes me a grinch and a humbug.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
No

load of bollocks

look forward to a week off work having had no holiday this year . . . And grateful for being fortunate enough to be able to relax ( hopefully) in a nice warm house with good food.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes. I love the whole thing, which my daughter’s followed. Decs went up record early for us on Wednesday … I succumbed to the gentle pressure

No stress, as all presents bought or ordered already.
"The most wonderful day of the year"

I love Christmas but don't feel the need to get into the Christmas Spirit 3 weeks before it actually starts.

Obviously not wanting to celebrate for the whole month of December makes me a grinch and a humbug.
It’s mid-November onwards it seems.

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Not really a massive fan probably because I hate the winter, my mood takes a massive dip when the cold weather kicks in.
Don’t actually mind Christmas Day, but don’t enjoy the build up these days.
I also don’t get why people put decorations up in November

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Absolutely yes! It’s a dark, miserable time of year anyway without wars and price rises…. Get the lights up, be happy! X

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Christmas is a nonsense and you can pick apart everything about it.
But the Best option is to go with the flow. Embrace it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Looking forward to a bit of a break.

Amazon makes present buying relatively hassle free

“Your place is far bigger and your cooking better”, saves any grief at mon maison

Two grandchildren aged 4 & 6 who (understandably) love their grandad, just make it all worthwhile

….but give me another week b4 I get my head around any of it

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
My tree and (modest) decorations went up a record early (Nov 30th) this year. I'm not entirely sure wether I just wanted to get it out of the way though as last year it was about December 18th when I got chance. Two blinks and I was taking them down again which made it feel kinda pointless...

I am, however, endeavouring to embrace the Christmas spirit this year. Mrs Nose (nurse) is working Christmas Day so it'll be an odd one, but i'll be up at the in-laws. She'll pop up when her shift finishes at about 8.30pm.

My personal Christmas Day (and the day I always love) will be on the 23rd when we all get together and watch Elf in the evening, as we do every year since they were toddlers. Xmas spirit set to 'Max' and I love seeing my little babies (23 and 22, so not babies - but they always will be to me) all together smiling and laughing.

Christmas is what you make of it, and this year I'm more in the mood than I was last year. Complete fiction as far as dates (and most possibly actual events) go, but if it brings some happiness I applaud it. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here