Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone Else A Tad Emotional Today ?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Bloke a couple of seats along from me did too. I was just too giddy.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I shed a tear but what got me was turning to my left as RDZ was doing his speech and seeing my Dad in floods of tears.

This man who's been supporting Albion since he was a child back in the 60s/70s was just overcome and we had a nice long hug.

An incredible day and I'm so glad I got to share it with him.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I cried when the final whistle blew, as much for those friends and family no longer with us - especially my grandfather who died aged 100 in 2017. He was the person who introduced me to the Albion and he’d first been to watch the club in the 1920s. He lived long enough to see us promoted to the Premier League and his funeral was on the day of our 3-0 away with at the London Stadium in October 2017. He’d have LOVED today. We often travelled together in Europe and he’d often say, ‘imagine if we could come here for an Albion game, that would be quite something, wouldn’t I?’ - well, grandpa, we’re doing it and I’m bringing you with me, even if it is just in my heart.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Still feel in a bit of a state of shock TBH, probably will as it wears on though

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, just before final whistle and as the players did the lap with families. My lad, probably more into the Albion than me, said he wasn’t moved that way :lolol: . I’m a softie.

Not the first time, when we beat Leicester Sept 21, I cried. For some reason it seemed a landmark moment against a club that’d been annoyingly resilient against us over the PL, plus at that time they were big spenders compared to us.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Started supporting the Albion in Div 3. At the time, the Premier League was no where in my thoughts. Even after a couple of promotions, it still seemed a million miles away.

To now finish finish as the 6th best team in England and qualifying for Europe is unbelievable, when I think back to where I started.

I do seem to have similar emotions and reminders of memories to when we got promoted to the PL.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No, but just deliriously happy.

Amazing to celebrate it with friends that we’ve met since the Amex move…..

Can’t describe how I feel, just overjoyed

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Came close - it was when Dunk was looking lost for words at the start of his interview that it hit me.

Thought back to how far he’s come - seeing him make his debut against MK Dons away, last game of a season - most drab game ever.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here