Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone been to Nuremberg?

Alan Cundle

May 22, 2008
Brighton
Thinking of a weekend there with the lads incorporating a Nuremberg home game. Anyone been there? Worth a visit? Any must dos or definitely don'ts ?

Any advice from the NSC massive would be greatly appreciated.....

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Went a couple of years ago when travelling through southern Germany.
Really interesting city. Only downside for me was that the others I was there with didn't want to visit the Nazi parade grounds etc. several miles outside of the city.

life on mars 73

Oct 19, 2010
Yep, went there about 20 years ago. Very well restored, lovely medieval buildings all over the place, great beer and hearty food. Went to the old Nazi parade grounds where they held the party rallies, and you could still see the outline of the giant swastika below the podium. As I recall, it was being used as a coach park at the time. No idea if it's still standing or not, but if you're interested in history, well worth a look. Recommended !

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Long time ago to the xmas market. Good time from what I remember, amazing steak place but no idea name or if still there and rest pretty much xmas only relevance. Sorry...... tho have fun :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I saw Hertha play there a few years back. Lovely city. Try and get a tour of the castle and visit the Albrecht Durer museum. Gutman, the local brewery, have built a huge pub a kilometre from the ground. If it is warm visit this before the game as you can sit outside in lovely surroundings with the local fans. Just ask for the Gutman bar, they'll know it.

Alan Cundle

May 22, 2008
Brighton
I saw Hertha play there a few years back. Lovely city. Try and get a tour of the castle and visit the Albrecht Durer museum. Gutman, the local brewery, have built a huge pub a kilometre from the ground. If it is warm visit this before the game as you can sit outside in lovely surroundings with the local fans. Just ask for the Gutman bar, they'll know it.

Great stuff, thanks. Will certainly check out the Gutman bar as well as the castle/museum. Looking forward to seeing Bavaria, for the first time but have heard mixed reviews as far as nightlife is concerned ?!

Alan Cundle

May 22, 2008
Brighton
Yep, went there about 20 years ago. Very well restored, lovely medieval buildings all over the place, great beer and hearty food. Went to the old Nazi parade grounds where they held the party rallies, and you could still see the outline of the giant swastika below the podium. As I recall, it was being used as a coach park at the time. No idea if it's still standing or not, but if you're interested in history, well worth a look. Recommended !

Yes that sounds like a must. Cheers

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Beautiful city, with a real laid back vibe to it. Not a recommendation for for a boys weekend from me, but certainly a top choice for a romantic weekend.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Great stuff, thanks. Will certainly check out the Gutman bar as well as the castle/museum. Looking forward to seeing Bavaria, for the first time but have heard mixed reviews as far as nightlife is concerned ?!

Gutman?...wasn't he the bloke we were all singing about at Wrexham, a few years back?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

My bad, the brewery is Gutmann.

I was with my lady and we did touristy stuff plus I went to see Hertha BSC play. The bars and restaurants were great in the evening but beyond this I cannot comment on the night life.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Also went in 2006 for the World Cup game. Nice place although wouldn't see it was really a lads holiday location. The Nazi rally grounds are worth a visit, right next to the ground as well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Also went in 2006 for the World Cup game. Nice place although wouldn't see it was really a lads holiday location. The Nazi rally grounds are worth a visit, right next to the ground as well.

I have said on this sight before I think the Nuremberg females are my favourite. Had I been single and with some mates I'm sure I would have had a great time :wink:

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
I wonder if NSC's resident European Football Weekends expert, [MENTION=1232]Half Man Half Biscuit[/MENTION], might have any helpful hints or tips about Nuremberg?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here