Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Anyone been to Maldives?

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Go as far from Male as possible. Its a busy port, that tropical island paradise illusion is a bit flat if you are seeing industrial shipping floating past all the time. Try to get an onbound flight to the more remote islands.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
We went Dhonveli Beach Resort in 2019 It was amazing, they upgraded us because we were a family. The food was great, service was great. Absolutely stunning and not really busy.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
No.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We went to Meeru in 2019. A wonderful holiday but very very expensive, unless you are a diving/snorkelling freak, sunbathe or read an awful lot l would suggest it may become very boring after about a week, as apart from eat and drink there isn't an awful lot to do otherwise.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I was once in the capital of Chișinău. I wouldn't want to go to any country right now that has a common border with Ukraine. You just don't know what Putin will do.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I was once in the capital of Chișinău. I wouldn't want to go to any country right now that has a common border with Ukraine. You just don't know what Putin will do.

Chisinau is the capital city of Moldova, about as far removed from the Maldives as it is possible to get.

But l think possibly you knew that . . . yes? :rolleyes:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Chisinau is the capital city of Moldova, about as far removed from the Maldives as it is possible to get.

But l think possibly you knew that . . . yes? :rolleyes:

I made a similar mistake, wanted to book a honey moon in Bora Bora, ended up booking Tora Bora

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I made a similar mistake, wanted to book a honey moon in Bora Bora, ended up booking Tora Bora

I tried to book a holiday to L.A. and we ended up in Littlehampton for a week.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
We went in August 2019, which was supposedly off season. Weather was fantastic, although there was a colossal downpour in the late afternoon on a few of the days but we were done with sitting out by then and it was always quite a spectacle. As with most tropical places, the rain suddenly arrives and suddenly departs leaving wall to wall sun. By going off season, we could afford an overwater villa at Ellaidhoo Cinnamon which was particularly special for our honeymoon.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I’ve also made that mistake. I booked to trip to Memphis to judge for myself how accurate Herodotus had been when describing Hout-Ka-Ptah. I was surprised by the modernity of The King’s living quarters.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Went 30+ years ago - before they spoilt many islands with hotels, pools etc, so any information I can provide is years out of date.

In those days it really was 'no news, no shoes' holidays.

Go as far away Malé as possible - I believe you can do this now by helicopter or speedboat - when we went it was on a Dhoni and took about 4 hours to Meerufenfushi.

Do as much diving / snorkelling as possible - it's amazing.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
JA Manafaru is a gorgeous island. As far north as you can go from Male. Seaplane was an amazing way to transfer, food was out of this world and diving was good if that’s your thing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here