Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone been to Karachi recently?

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
I have a potentialy lucrative deal to go to Karachi for a few days but am not so sure. Has anyone on here been there since 9/11? I would expect it to be a dirtier and more dangerous version of Bombay, but others might know different.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I went in 2000, it was OK - nothing like as nice a place as Lahore, say, but the people were just as nice. Famous last words but I doubt there'd be too much to worry about security-wise, more likely to be annoyed into buying a t-shirt or having your shoes cleaned.

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
Man of Harveys said:
I went in 2000, it was OK - nothing like as nice a place as Lahore, say, but the people were just as nice. Famous last words but I doubt there'd be too much to worry about security-wise, more likely to be annoyed into buying a t-shirt or having your shoes cleaned.

Thanks for that. My former student in Peshawar was not so encouraging!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Sorry about this but...just in case you DO get kidnapped, held to ransom, then have your head cut off with a knife on the internet, please don't blame me afterwards.:angel:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
chip said:
I have a potentialy lucrative deal to go to Karachi for a few days but am not so sure. Has anyone on here been there since 9/11? I would expect it to be a dirtier and more dangerous version of Bombay, but others might know different.

What does the travel agency say about it?There will be an element of risk if you do go.Remember Mr Pearl?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here