Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anybody With a Whinge About Entry To Tonight’s Youth Match Is Full Of Shit. Fact.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Last Wednesday went to see Albion Reserves v Reading Reserves at Worthing. About 200 people there max., Those absent missed out on the reason why FDM was No.1 v. Leeds on Saturday. Leroy Lita was playing for Reading then, he was snuffed out, til he got subbed, by a more than capable Albion reserve side.

Tonight aforesaid Lita scored a hat-trick for the first team in the FA Cup v. West Brom.

How many would have turned up tonight if the game had been against, say, Luton Town?

Only conclusion is that theres more Chelsea fans in Brighton than there is Brighton fans.

Oh well.

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I dont think so. Just think that people went because we were playing a big side. And a jolly good evening it was too.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Tom Hark said:

Only conclusion is that theres more Chelsea fans in Brighton than there is Brighton fans.

Oh well.

And 5 years ago there were more Man Ure fans and 10 years before that there were more Liverpool fans.

There always has been and always will be.Sad but true.:down:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tom Hark said:

Oh well.

Yeah loved those really loud Chelsea chants from their 4,300 fans, totally drowned out the 200 Brighton fans :)

1066gull

No. Many perople turned up because they wanted to see Brighton play the best club in the country.

It is the same if the first team draw ManUre in the FA Cup. Everyone would go because they would want to see the chance us play a top side.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Was that reserve game at Withdean? Was it in the Cup? Was it a chance to see a youth team we are all very proud of play a big side from London?:glare:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Re: Re: Anybody With a Whinge About Entry To Tonight’s Youth Match Is Full Of Shit. Fact.

Tom Hark said:
Anybody got an answer for that point? ???

Yeah nobody down here likes Luton :eek:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Not sure what your point is here.

I go to reserve games, yet I'm moaning about tonights entry because it was bloody dangerous.

It was clear at 7.00 that more turnstiles needed opening, yet it was only at 7.35 , after kick off that the safety officer was called and entry via the new away stand allowed.

A complete lack of coordination and organisation. But that's Brighton.

Well Done to the boys on the pitch.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Anybody With a Whinge About Entry To Tonight’s Youth Match Is Full Of Shit. Fact.

Tom Hark said:

Sorry didn't realise we had to respond to all the points. Not as many is the short answer

Yoda

English & European

Tom Hark said:

I doubt it would have been at Withdean if it was Vs Luton.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bollocks. 90% of the people there was cos it was Chelsea. Even saw me next-flat-next-door neighbours there, and they're died-in-the-wool Chelsea whov'e never once ventured to Withdean before. Be honest.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Tom Hark said:
Bollocks. 90% of the people there was cos it was Chelsea. Even saw me next-flat-next-door neighbours there, and they're died-in-the-wool Chelsea whov'e never once ventured to Withdean before. Be honest.

Would the game have been advertised as much if it wasn't Chelski though????

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
to be fair i couldnt give a f*** we had 4k odd there. i went to both games. it was so packedcos it was Chelsea. But there were not many Chelsea fans

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Insider was asked a few times what stands were being opened so that should have given a clue as to how many may have turned up.
There weren't enough stewards which was why the Safety Officer was called.

One or two regular stewards were there to watch the match and donned their jackets when asked (Size 16 from H block did as I was talking to her after the game)

Still I had a novel evening watching the game from the Sportsman garden and not paying an entry fee.
We did talk to Martin Perry who admitted the club got it wrong and apologised.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Never before (not in the last few seasons) for any club has there been over a thousand fans for a Fourth Round FA Youth Cup Tie. Not just Brighton. Anywhere.

Chelsea Youth before the match tonight:

http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s379/st88900.htm

Norwich attracted 1316 fans when they played Chelsea so the opposition has got some extra attraction.

To be fair 933 watched West Ham and that is nearly a thousand.

Last edited:

JSD Albion

Jul 17, 2003
Burgess Hill
Tom Hark said:
Well, not a total surprise to see them at a Chelsea match then, is it? But unless it's a very large flat I don't suppose it holds 4000 people.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I think I've missed something here. I thought it would be popular as everyone is aware of how well our Youth Team are doing. Pretty obvious to me that it would be great to see how they measure up against the supposed cream of the crop.

Or was everyone there supporting Chelsea? :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here