Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
:thumbsup:

i was brought up on the stuff

SpringBok billtong is marvellous

rool

Jul 10, 2003
There's an old client of mine who makes his won stuff over here for restaurants etc. His company is Susmans Best Beef Biltong and I believe has a deli counter in the unit. Think it's on Avis Way Newhaven.

Think you can order online too

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I love the stuff, especially the big bags of Cruga. I watched the last Rugby World Cup Final at the house of a South African friend from church. A mate of hers produced some she had dried herself; scrummy. A great night that was, just a shame about the result. 80 of us English, about 5 South Africans, but a right noisy bunch they were.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
:thumbsup:

i was brought up on the stuff

SpringBok billtong is marvellous

I remeber sharing some of mine with you in H Block...

Seriously, get down to the Biltong Hut on Brighton Pier and buy yourself a £20bag of Chilli sticks...you will think you've died and gone to heaven.

Also Caruna Biltong have a lively morsel called Biltong bites available all over the place...a salty chilli treat those fellas.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Biltong is f***ing excellent. crisps made out of meat, probably the greatest idea ever.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
What is it?

Biltong is a kind of cured meat that originated in South Africa. Many different types of meat are used to produce it, ranging from beef through game meats to fillets of ostrich from commercial farms. It is typically made from raw fillets of meat cut into strips following the grain of the muscle, or flat pieces sliced across the grain. It is similar to beef jerky in that they are both spiced, dried meats, but differ in their typical ingredients, taste and production process. The word biltong is from the Dutch bil ("rump") and tong ("strip" or "tongue").[1]

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I hav to say, i have heard but not had it, does sound very nice indeed. as long as it is not full of bloody added salt

actually, that is why I gave it up as I have High BP and the salt was an issue

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
1235321825995-267706222.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here