Any Seagull Fans from IRELAND out there

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dublin_Seagull

Jul 14, 2003
Dublin . Ireland
:drink:
Hi from Dublin.
Is ther any Brighton Fans from Ireland out there as i am interested in starting up a Brighton Fan club here in Ireland
?? or am i just a lonly sad guy that has supported Brighton for the last 24 years ????? while all the rest of Ireland surportes Liverpool , Man u, chelsea and all the other shite boring poxy teams ????
PLease dont tell me that i am a sad loner

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Nope, your not the only one.

I have only recently moved here though but getting seriously depressed that every town has a Manchester United Supporters Club.

Most people who have asked me about my shirt haven't heard of Brighton let alone the Albion.

My boys went on a hurling summer camp (No it's not who can vomit the furthest) and I made them wear their stripes amongst all the Man U, Liverpool and Celtic shirts and it made me proud to think that they were probably the only ones to meet their heroes and weren't just glory hunters.

Seagulls Over Ireland

Go for it

Liam

Jul 15, 2003
Dublin
You'r not alone. I'm also from Dublin and supporting BHA for 24 years. Weird!

I've met two others down the years... one guy in the canteen queue in DCU and another who used to work for 98FM and now works for Ireland on Sunday.

Would certainly be interested in meeting up for a point (obviously, somewhere discreet :)

Do you go to any LOI games?

Liam

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Liam said:
You'r not alone. I'm also from Dublin and supporting BHA for 24 years. Weird!

I've met two others down the years... one guy in the canteen queue in DCU and another who used to work for 98FM and now works for Ireland on Sunday.

Would certainly be interested in meeting up for a point (obviously, somewhere discreet :)

Do you go to any LOI games?

Liam

Weyhey, Liam's back. Top of the evening to you, matey.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
My mum lives in Dublin and always keeps a look out for the stripes, mainly to see where I am on a Saturday afternoon

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I live just outside Dublin, and I also support Brighton (well duh, no other reason to be here :p)

I've seen only one other stripes wearer out of captivity, the busses from the UK at the Longford game not counting.. and he was from Eastbourne, over on holiday.

Anyone planning on meeting up for a pint any time? although I don't drink...

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
I live in Meath and have been supporting Brighton for 33 years. Thought I was the only one one here so it is nice to know there are others out there as well and I am not in the minority. My kids follow Man U and Liverpool so there is great fun in our house on Saturday afternoons and its even better to be able to rub their noses in it when we do well.

Liam

Jul 15, 2003
Dublin
meathseagull said:
Thought I was the only one one here so it is nice to know there are others out there as well and I am not in the minority.

Well, we've established that there may be half a dozen of us but I still think we are in the minority :)

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Well at least 5-6 people is better than the 1 we all thought there was...

I posted a similar topic on the old NSC (discusware) a long time ago, but never got a response... so obviously more people use the new NSC than the old one as well!

Liam

Jul 15, 2003
Dublin
MYOB said:
I posted a similar topic on the old NSC (discusware) a long time ago, but never got a response... so obviously more people use the new NSC than the old one as well!

Not really. I'm a mailing list person. This is the first time I've been to NSC, although I knew it existed. A BHA friend tipped me off about this thread so I signed up.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
So theres 5 of us then... hmm... time to maybe think about organising a pissup... umm.... a *meet*-up some time.

Maybe if any of the game are being shown on Sky we could convince a pub to actually show it?

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
I "persuaded" my local to show the Grimsby match for me but I think what really did the trick was the fact that it was at lunchtime on a Sunday and any trade was better than none.

Cant see them doing it on a mid-week night or a saturday afternoon though.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I tried to get one of the pubs in my town to show a sunday morning/midday match,and even though the pub was empty they wouldn't turn off Eurosport and turn it on instead

they were showing something weird like bowls on Eurosport... scary

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Am I the only one down in the sticks then???. By the way, have any of you subscribed to the Esat fixed price internet yet as the dial up eircom one I am using is driving me nuts.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
MYOB said:

Maybe if any of the game are being shown on Sky we could convince a pub to actually show it?

Monday August 18th Brighton at home to QPR

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Would probably have to be in town to suit everyone and I cannot think of any pub in town that would be likely to show a Brighton match

Rabeen

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing
I live in Surrey but am in Ireland quite a bit for work (in fact I was over in Dublin all of last week). I think the Barge pub, on the canal would show the game, providing there wasn't any other English games on the same night (as I am sure there won't be), as they always have matches on their giant screen.

Worth asking them. I got to See St Pat's vs Cork City last Monday in the cup semi final. Very interesting, not a bad standard either. Cork have a forward called John O'Flynn who was at Peterborough, very useful player.

Cheers

:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports