Any recruitment/income tax types out there...help please!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
I am starting my summer job next week (full time) but have to be payrolled through an agency (despite them doing bugger all to 'recruit' me so to speak).

Given that I haven't worked since Christmas what can I expect to be taxed?

I am unlikely to earn up to my tax free allowance over the 2.5 months so will I be taxed all the way through that time and have to claim it back at year end or will they be able just to not tax me at all until I reach my tax free limit? Also, if I provide a P45 is there any reason why they should charge me emergency tax? All (helpful) advice much appreciated :thumbsup:

danny cullip, you should be able to claim the tax back before the end of the tax year if you want. Once you've finished the job you can send the tax office a declaration stating that you don't intend to work during the remainder of the tax year (there may be a form, I can't remember) and they will give you back the over-paid tax. Not a tax expert but this is what I did after a gap year a few years ago.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Cheers, I also have the task of going over all my payslips for my gap year of 6 months work to check my tax rebate...o well no more exams after Friday so I guess I'll have to spend my time doing something...!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports