Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Any questions for new Sussex CCC Captain John Simpson? Event 7th March

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
As part of my Charity Cricket Challenge to raise funds for good causes, one was for causes in Sussex see https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/p/beat-the-prome-vs-sussex-ccc-captain-john-simpson not too late to donate and win prizes (thankfully my page for Cystic Fibrosis is at £580), there is a Q and A with Simmo after he has beaten us all.

Whilst I appreciate this is usually open licence for NSC wit merchants to wade in, (and please do) if you have any Sussex CC questions that you think Simmo can answer without being sacked before he started, then please post them.

Mine is, Why was this the only date you could do when I could have been in Rome? :)

Many thanks

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Although I'm a member, I don't really have any questions. None that he wouldn't tow the party line on.

What thermals does he suggest we wear when watching Sussex Championship matches in deep mid winter ?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Dear John,

Would you prefer playing cricket during the summer?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
1) what other offers did you have?
2) what does Oli Carter think about you signing?
3) do you think you can score the required 2000+CC runs this season to help our push for promotion?

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Do you still have the burka that you wore to sneak into Afghanistan? :moo:
The amount of times I have had to clarify which John Simpson

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So, John, why have you decided to give up professional cricket and come to Sussex?

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
So, John, why have you decided to give up professional cricket and come to Sussex?
This was his favourite question of the evening.

Genuine nice guy, really bought into the GB Athletes project and was a great host. He is looking forward to working with a talented young squad and hopes he will get 2000 runs this season @timbha as long as he doesn't have to hit targets in a bar in London.

Posted a lovely video message to those who donated alas none of you lot did so I won't share, but he wants to do some fun challenges in Sussex, so watch for announcements.

Reactions: A1X

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here