[Technology] Any Porsche Drivers on here?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Leasing Porsches doesn’t really make sense - they generally hold their values exceptionally well so owning the car to have some equity down the line makes sense

Better leasing deals are generally on manufacturers who want to subsidise getting their cars out into the market
I tend to agree. However, under PCP leasing schemes, you will typically be financing the depreciation on the vehicle, with a balloon payment at the end for the residual value, or hand it over and start again. With strong residual values, it can mean that the monthly lease payments are lower than you’d think. That’s not what I did with mine by the way as mine wasn’t brand new - I’ve actually just sold it and pretty much got back what I paid for it 4 years ago.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
1705935416661.png

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
. That’s not what I did with mine by the way as mine wasn’t brand new - I’ve actually just sold it

Right, so when you bragged that it was a picture of your 997, you were lying. It's a picture of somebody else's 997.

:kiss:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
You may jest but one of the dads at my boys school used to do the school run in a garish metallic purple Lamborghini Urus. The story below then broke which begged the question if you are up to shenanigans best to not look too conspicuous :ffsparr:

In the Sarnie shop at lunchtime today a lad had a half smoked spliff behind his ear, paid for his chicken wrap with cash extracted from a wedge from his pocket of his designer trackie bottoms.

You wouldn't have to be Johnathon Creek to work out what he did for a living. Amazed how open some are about their profession.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
There's a guy that lives around here who has several sports cars (at least 1 Lambo, a Koenigsegg, Ferrari, Porsche etc), seems to take one out each night, drives around for 10 minutes, parks up at the Spar to get some attention then puts them back in the garage. He apparently owns a gaming software company but I am still trying to find out which one.
That wouldn’t be the Spar at the garage just outside Wolsingham, would it?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
In other news, genuine question, why does anyone LEASE a car? I can't see one positive argument for it other than you get something new every couple of years.

It feels like the equivalent of renting a house instead of buying because you like the idea of moving every couple of years.

That's not meant in a snobby way. I'm happy to be educated.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In the Sarnie shop at lunchtime today a lad had a half smoked spliff behind his ear, paid for his chicken wrap with cash extracted from a wedge from his pocket of his designer trackie bottoms.

You wouldn't have to be Johnathon Creek to work out what he did for a living. Amazed how open some are about their profession.
Scaffolder?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
In other news, genuine question, why does anyone LEASE a car? I can't see one positive argument for it other than you get something new every couple of years.

It feels like the equivalent of renting a house instead of buying because you like the idea of moving every couple of years.

That's not meant in a snobby way. I'm happy to be educated.
Because if you do it through a Ltd. company you only get charged about 1% of your income tax on the gross payments if it’s an electric car. You get a new one every three years and if something goes wrong with it, someone picks it up and drops you off a new one. Can’t see myself ever buying a car again.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I drive passed there a couple of times a week and have noticed random supercars there before and wondered what the story was, so you've partly filled in that curiosity for me!
Oh right. My son has served him in the Spar and he seems a decent chap. He just likes to stand in the car park and talk to people salivating over his car(s)! Do you work in Weardale then?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
You may jest but one of the dads at my boys school used to do the school run in a garish metallic purple Lamborghini Urus. The story below then broke which begged the question if you are up to shenanigans best to not look too conspicuous :ffsparr:

Not quite at the same level but those stories remind me of the tale of the Harlem heroin dealer in the 70s. He was said to be making a million dollars a day and somehow wasn't on the police's radar until he decide to sit ringside at an Ali fight wearing a 100k chinchilla coat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports