Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any news on the new kits?

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Ok, it's ridiculous prediction time.

So, last season's VOLT number sold like hotcakes compared to the perfectly ok red third kit. I'm sure the club will want to replicate that success. Nike's teamwear options this year are pretty drab. We won't get another volt shirt - that'd be pretty cynical. The red didn't sell too well, so they probably won't go for that again. We could get a bespoke away shirt like Blackburn did last season.. but I'm not hopeful. The easiest way for the club to make a ton of cash will be to go for the model which works. BRIGHT = GOOD.

So, I will put all of my chips on the table. I will show my hand. Ladies and gentlemen, this season's away kit will be... PINK

(If i get this right I want a biscuit)

I'd buy it...

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
ok, it's ridiculous prediction time.

So, last season's volt number sold like hotcakes compared to the perfectly ok red third kit. I'm sure the club will want to replicate that success. Nike's teamwear options this year are pretty drab. We won't get another volt shirt - that'd be pretty cynical. The red didn't sell too well, so they probably won't go for that again. We could get a bespoke away shirt like blackburn did last season.. But i'm not hopeful. The easiest way for the club to make a ton of cash will be to go for the model which works. Bright = good.

So, i will put all of my chips on the table. I will show my hand. Ladies and gentlemen, this season's away kit will be... Pink

(if i get this right i want a biscuit)

please god let it be this

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Ok, it's ridiculous prediction time.

So, last season's VOLT number sold like hotcakes compared to the perfectly ok red third kit. I'm sure the club will want to replicate that success. Nike's teamwear options this year are pretty drab. We won't get another volt shirt - that'd be pretty cynical. The red didn't sell too well, so they probably won't go for that again. We could get a bespoke away shirt like Blackburn did last season.. but I'm not hopeful. The easiest way for the club to make a ton of cash will be to go for the model which works. BRIGHT = GOOD.

So, I will put all of my chips on the table. I will show my hand. Ladies and gentlemen, this season's away kit will be... PINK

(If i get this right I want a biscuit)

The BIRDS would love it N'ALL!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Last year's red third will be this season's 2nd kit

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Has there been any 'fan consultation' on the new design? You'd think there would be for such an important marketing decision. If so , who is on these fan groups?!? and if not, why not!

It's a matter of taste. Nobody can claim to represent thousands of fans.

Club will chose what they think will sell, not what "looks nice".

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Players return to training centre next Monday duly tanned and fit.
Monday do photo shoot and then marketing take over for the rest of the week with small shots of the kit before they unveil what we really want to see....have we got another off white Amex sticker.

I thought the players decided to drop the red kit after the Cardiff away horror show.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Players return to training centre next Monday duly tanned and fit.
Monday do photo shoot and then marketing take over for the rest of the week with small shots of the kit before they unveil what we really want to see....have we got another off white Amex sticker.

I thought the players decided to drop the red kit after the Cardiff away horror show.

From what I hear the promotional shots have already been taken.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
There was an article on the Middlesbrough website when they launched their new kit for the coming season. In the article they detailed that their kit is designed 2 years in advance. Not sure who their manufacturer is.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
There was an article on the Middlesbrough website when they launched their new kit for the coming season. In the article they detailed that their kit is designed 2 years in advance. Not sure who their manufacturer is.

I'm very surprised about that. With fashions constantly changing, two years in advance seems a long time to me.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I feel sure that they have too, and with the first pre-season friendly at the end of next week, surely they will be wearing the new kit for that.

The players will have the kit. No doubt we will have to pre-order like last time.
We will have to wait for the Lazio game to get hold of ours..

Friend

Jul 6, 2016
I know this is basically already known, but looking around at various other Nike kits, with the theme of stripes, there is some giveaway as to what our kit this season will probably look like.

Here's Hartlepool's
CmnBx4bWIAAaV7h.jpg

And Coventry's
CmbeKSfWgAEOu6M.jpg

Also, from doing some investigating to further prove that our kit will probably just look like this,
725893-463-A.jpg

I found that the training tops we have been using are similar to the ones given to Coventry City.
Ours
CmmoI1pW8AAlpvo.jpg:large

Coventry
CmbeKYAWgAA4Zl1.jpg

Maybe that means Nike feel like giving us this same format of shirts? Cant really tell

In my opinion I'm not too sure that i like it, but that's probably just me. In terms of away kits, I was hoping we'd have a black kit of some sort, although its not really Albion colours,because i think it'd be a change

Anyway it's all just some regurgitated kit nonsense people have already been told, but I'm just hoping we are pleasantly surprised with the new kit reveal, whenever that may be.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Could also be something like this Atletico Nacional Kit for 2016 (but with blue & white stripes obviously)? Even though the sponsor is ironed on, the fact that the shape of the iron on has been cut to fit the letters makes it look way better, although I imagine it'll still peel off.

Home
Atletico-Nacional-2016-Kits%u00252B%u002525283%u00252529.jpg

Away
Atletico-Nacional-2016-Kits%u00252B%u002525284%u00252529.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here