Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any news from the Le Havre game?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Anyone heard anything? Score, How long did Hinsh last? How did the trialists play? How many did Molango bang in?

The suspense is killing me

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I thought it was supposed to be this evening, but might be wrong.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Adam Hinshelwood returned to match action this afternoon in the 2-0 defeat to Le Havre at Woodside Road.

The Albion defender, who has been sidelined since July with a knee injury, played the first 45 minutes in the behind closed-doors friendly and suffered no adverse reaction.

The French visitors, who essentially fielded their first team in the second period, won the game thanks to second-half strikes from Kandia Traore and Jean Michel Lesage. Joe Gatting came closest to scoring for the Seagulls with a shot that hit the post.

Moke Kajima
Moke Kajima

Watching Albion boss Dean Wilkins felt the Seagulls had a valuable workout against their French opposition.

"The players had to work extremely hard against what I would call real quality opposition," he admitted.

"I spoke to a friend of mine at the end of the game who works at Portsmouth and he said that they [Le Havre] would give the Portsmouth first team a game."

Wilkins also cast his eye over French trialists Moke Kajima and Jean-Marcel Kipre, but the Albion manager insists it is too early to make a decision about either player.

Jean Marcel Kipre
Jean-Marcel Kipre

32-year-old former Dijon left-back Kajima has now departed for international duty with Congo as they prepare for an African Nations Cup qualifier against South Africa on Saturday, while right-back Kipre will continue to train with the Seagulls.

"I think it would be unfair to make any judgement now. The one thing I will say is that they looked willing to defend and willing to make a tackle. Although they are not the biggest they looked quite sharp.

"[Kajima] goes off on international duty, so once he comes back we'll discuss that one.

"[Kipre] is in with us for another day or two, so we'll look at him over the next couple of days and then make a decision from there."

Meanwhile Albion will play at Chichester City in the Sussex Senior Cup next Tuesday (kick-off 7.15pm). The Pontins Holiday Combination fixture with Bournemouth originally scheduled for the next day will now be played on Tuesday 24th October.

Albion: (4-3-3) Kuipers (Sullivan), Kipre, Elphick, Butters, Moke (P Hinshelwood); Fraser, A Hinshelwood, Mayo; Robinson (Molango), Gatting, Frutos.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
malcolm prescott said:
we won 2-0 according to SCR:albion:

Well we lost according to the official site which is where my previous post came from:p

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I am reassured that our two triallists looked willing to defend, useful qualities for errr....defenders.

Seriously though, Moke Kajima sounds more like a Japanese motorbike than a Congolese.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
B.M.F said:
Although they are not the biggest they looked quite sharp.

Do we really want any more shortarses?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
0,,10433~3009691,00.jpg

0,,10433~3009689,00.jpg

They look COOL, sign them up.

dcseagull

Dec 8, 2005
Washington DC
So Hinshlewood was playing in Midfield? Seems a bit weird.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I see we are interested in signing players that are are different again?

I meant red shirts, obviously.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
HampshireSeagulls said:
I see we are interested in signing players that are are different again?

I meant red shirts, obviously.

You mean French?......how dispicable of you :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here