Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any ideas on initiatives to increase the attendance ?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Not sure if your tongue is firmly wedged in your cheek here, but someone needs to just get on and do it. That way we can all join in the same song instead of joining in the song which is closest to us.

A megaphone cheerleader is what unites the massive Italian stands to all get going at once

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Not sure if your tongue is firmly wedged in your cheek here, but someone needs to just get on and do it. That way we can all join in the same song instead of joining in the song which is closest to us.

My tongue was in cheek. I remember being at Wembley once, with a drum right behind me, and it was the most annoying sound ever.

That said, I believe they had a drum at Derby, which sounded pretty good.

But it is one step closer to goal music....which I would hate.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
isn't it the going rate these days, especially for such a state of the art stadium, with great facilities.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Same thing I suggested when we were at Withdean - and which they actually implemented: simple old-skool posters advertising forthcoming games and details of how to buy tickets. When the circus comes to town, they seem to be able to put a poster in every chippy & newsagent window, would take relatively little effort or money for the Albion to do the same. Maybe give any shop agreeing to display a poster a couple of 50% off admissions as a sweetener?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
It's still predominantly men who watch it. We should be persuading our girlfriends/female friends to give it a try. I asked my girlfriend if she had any friends who might be interested but she just started crying.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Also, maybe target hen and stag parties via the agencies that arrange such things in the town. For example, there was a group of maybe a dozen pirates in the North Stand on Saturday. Between what they paid for tickets and what they likely spent on pies and pints, that probably added up to a healthy bit of turnover for the club. Plus it gave us an additional opportunity to go AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sort out transport ? I stayed until the final whistle last last week and was back in Burgess Hill by 5.35 FFS. How much sorting out does it need ??

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Sort out transport ? I stayed until the final whistle last last week and was back in Burgess Hill by 5.35 FFS. How much sorting out does it need ??

You're right; it doesn't. I've done trains as well as using the P&R a number of times, both of which get you away quicker than most grounds I've been to.

enterprise

Jul 12, 2010
I only discovered this the other day and it doesnt seem to be common knowledge. With the new ticket kiosks I posted about the other day it seems the club are well geared up for on the day sales but perhaps it would be worthwhile advertising the fact online and through social media? A pre game morning tweet of 'tickets for todays league match are available for purchase at the stadium, prices starting at xx xx' would attract a few more casuals through retweets ect.

Agree with the above, I didn't have a clue you could potg, I thought that this was a no from the outset and hadn't changed. The club need to try and get this message out to people as I for one certainly would persuaded mates to come along in the past had I known this was the case.

Also I know we're the community stadium but why or why don't we have a betting facility in or certainly around the ground?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Bring a mate for £15.00 now and then would be a good idea. There's always a seat next to me spare but its hard bringing people for £30 a go.

Wins the prize so far. Those mates may go on to be regulars. I have had a couple of occasional users of my lads' tickets when they are away at Uni, who have got into it and are now STHs in their own right.

In similar vein, kids for a quid when accompanied by adults for the Cat C games. I can't believe Charlton is a Cat A game, £42 for East Upper wings!

PG

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Am I right in thinking full time students (over 18) pay full adult rate ? Why not have a FT student rate, closer to the U18 cost ? Would probably pull in a load from the Uni for starters.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
How about a last-minute.com type bidding situation.
You register, make a bid for a ticket and if you win you get a seat, you won't know where your sitting until you've won the bid. Fill up the south stand this way! Bidding starts at £5 and goes up in increments of £2.50' effectively you could bid £5.00 for every game and some you'll win and some you'll lose, you just won't know where your sitting until the day.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Reduce match day ticket prices. £40 is obscene for a 2nd tier football match.

People tell themselves incorrect information enough times they will believe themselves - I can go online now and buy a ticket for Saturday for £33 and I can buy the same seat on 20 Sept for £26.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Fans reunited:
Any supporter of any club gets a reduced ticket and can wear their colours too - £5 goes to the most worthy of football causes.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Also, maybe target hen and stag parties via the agencies that arrange such things in the town. For example, there was a group of maybe a dozen pirates in the North Stand on Saturday. Between what they paid for tickets and what they likely spent on pies and pints, that probably added up to a healthy bit of turnover for the club. Plus it gave us an additional opportunity to go AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR!

There are always stag and hen parties at the the dogs on a Saturday night why not start at the amex at 1pm and arrange a mini bus at 7pm to take them to the dogs

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There are always stag and hen parties at the the dogs on a Saturday night why not start at the amex at 1pm and arrange a mini bus at 7pm to take them to the dogs

Seems like a simple tap-in for sure. Except maybe with a minibus at 1pm also. Tho I'm pretty sure the agencies arrange those anyways. Give the groom a mention in the programme and the half-time big screens, could be a real money-spinner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here