Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Any “I was on match of the day at the Amex” stories?

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I’ll start:

My son was ill so I took my daughter and we were sat near the tunnel, when the players came out some fella in a massive yellow coat stood up in front of me to video the players coming out of the tunnel. On match of the day you could see the man in the coat, then my daughter and then an empty seat. When my wife saw it she asked “where the f?£k were you?” I obviously said I was in the bar.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I’ll start:

My son was ill so I took my daughter and we were sat near the tunnel, when the players came out some fella in a massive yellow coat stood up in front of me to video the players coming out of the tunnel. On match of the day you could see the man in the coat, then my daughter and then an empty seat. When my wife saw it she asked “where the f?£k were you?” I obviously said I was in the bar.
So this is actually an ‘I wasn’t on Match of the Day at the Amex’ thread.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
So this is actually an ‘I wasn’t on Match of the Day at the Amex’ thread.
How about mine? I was seen clapping the players off after the Man City semi final. And I can be seen on the ITV coverage of the away Millwall Play Off semi final.

Also, I was ball boy when MotD came to town but they just showed the goal at the South End when I was in front of the North. I have loads of stories about not being on MotD at the Amex

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There’s a great shot on the Withdean Years DVD of Hammond & a few players celebrating staying up in a huddle with one imposter who had been very quick to invade the pitch… Ipswich game.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I was on MOTD away at Stoke - just before a shot from Izzy hit me in the face

Attachments

• 8D4BC491-8477-4335-AA9E-4829718E8819.jpeg
    8D4BC491-8477-4335-AA9E-4829718E8819.jpeg
    798 KB · Views: 78

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
How sad am I? I watch again all the away games on MOTD and freeze the picture on the crowd, working out where I am in amongst 2999 others.
On a different angle to this, row V in East Upper and for 10 years I've clapped and sung to the Fan Zone and never ever ever has the pitchside camera picked me up. It's now become a joke amongst all around me.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
How about mine? I was seen clapping the players off after the Man City semi final. And I can be seen on the ITV coverage of the away Millwall Play Off semi final.

Also, I was ball boy when MotD came to town but they just showed the goal at the South End when I was in front of the North. I have loads of stories about not being on MotD at the Amex
Do you clap JCL style or like someone who has arthritis, like me :lolol:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I was on look northwest when I lived in Manchester, as they showed the highlights when Stockport thumped us at their place. I could be seen, throwing my arms about in frustration as 6ft 7“ Kevin Francis bundled in their fourth.

does that count.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I was in the front of the lower west stand close to the South West corner and can be seen celebrating our first premier league goal by Pascal Gross.

nsclurker

Apr 3, 2018
We're front row East Lower, opposite the away bench, so get to see ourselves in most games, but have shown up on a few aways - most notably Saints away last Boxing Day. Tall, fat, bloke in a yellow away shirt - not hard to spot! 😂😂😂

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not at the Amex but we arrived early for the first game at Gillingham and made the back page of the Argus with just five of us in the Gordon Road stand. I have no idea why they didn’t wait for the other 20 to show up before taking the photo :lolol:

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
How sad am I? I watch again all the away games on MOTD and freeze the picture on the crowd, working out where I am in amongst 2999 others.
On a different angle to this, row V in East Upper and for 10 years I've clapped and sung to the Fan Zone and never ever ever has the pitchside camera picked me up. It's now become a joke amongst all around me.
I haven't been shown on fan zone either. Mind you that's normally my cue to go for a pre match piss.:)

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Me and my son were on at home at the final whistle against City just after lockdown. Still pop up quite a bit even now!

Attachments

• fbf29e62-353b-404a-8f58-2eea12e49b9b.jpeg
    fbf29e62-353b-404a-8f58-2eea12e49b9b.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 39

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here