Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any coeliacs on NSC?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Has he any decent GF bread recipes you can share? My father is coeliac and I do all the shopping and he hates every single different loaf I have ever bought him!

We have a bread maker, so I would like to bake him some bread, as he is living off of GF Nairn oatcakes at present!

Will ask the question for you.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Just had a positive blood test for Coeliac Disease. I have to stay on the Gluten until I have further tests (endoscopy/biopsy) and the wait is around 35 weeks right now :ohmy: They tested because I was anaemic which was tested for as I was ridiculously fatigued and have constant swollen neck glands. This is a great thread for resources - thanks all.

Once I get the further tests done though it's GF all the way. Any new amazing products that I should look out for when I go GF? I don't eat meat but do eat fish/some seafood.

Cheers!

Almost identical situation to me.
I went in for blood tests 2 weeks ago after years of migraines and fatigue.

Luckily things are a bit swifter here in Canada and I've got my endoscopy in 9 days.
I've also been told to stay on my 'regular' diet so they can examine my intestine accurately.

Glad to have found this thread and others in similar situations, I had no idea it existed here!

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
I live in a family of Coeliac's. Getting a diagnosis is important, so you can get access to stuff - Prescription foods, apps for what is wheat free etc. Without the diagnosis you have to sort your self out, or subject yourself to a minimum of 6 weeks of eating wheat, so that the test they run shows positive. For this you need to blanket book 6 weeks off work, paracetamol, and ready access to toilet. Some of my family are clearly Coeliac, but do not test positive as they have already changed diet. We just nick the app so we can see what is GF, and life moves on.
I am lucky not to be Coeliac, but cleaning counters after toast and checking ingredients have become second nature. Apart from my pack lunch sandwiches and the odd slice of toast, the family is essentially GF, and we get by.
We take a GF bun to McD's, and they will do everything else at the drive through. Take your burger, and put in your bun etc.... Menus these days are pretty good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here