Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any boaters out there

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
If you want skiing and fishing, whatever boat will be a compromise. Navigation is a doddle now days as maps on computers linked to GPS tell you exactly where you are to the nearest foot. Don't buy any sort of boat yet, read stuff and do an RYA Power boat Course which will eventually point you in the right direction.

seagulls99

Feb 10, 2012
Boats are extremely expensive to maintain with all costs etc& don't have one in the UK!! I have a dusky 29ft in the BVI and have just spent $30,000 on two new bloody engines!

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
In my experience, and if you don't want to go like the clappers, I'd recommend a diesel. Cheaper to run which helps as boats are money pits. If logistics work, mooring it I. Chichester Harbour is a good shout as you can potter about in calmer water if you don't want to put at sea. Brighton and Littlehampton don't really give you this option. I have mine at Chichester Marina but Birdham Pool is cheaper and I'm thinking about moving. 25ft is a good size but beware of wanting to trade up quickly - you could get a decent Sunseeker of 35k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

In my experience, and if you don't want to go like the clappers, I'd recommend a diesel. Cheaper to run which helps as boats are money pits. If logistics work, mooring it I. Chichester Harbour is a good shout as you can potter about in calmer water if you don't want to put at sea. Brighton and Littlehampton don't really give you this option. I have mine at Chichester Marina but Birdham Pool is cheaper and I'm thinking about moving. 25ft is a good size but beware of wanting to trade up quickly - you could get a decent Sunseeker of 35k

I don't get this boat fetish.

Whats it all about one-upmanship ? Or do people just enjoy being seaman stains? :hilton:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The compromise is a good powerful jet ski.
Great fun, very fast, cheaper to run, easy to launch, no mooring, you can tow a water skier, and you can stop and go mackerel and bass fishing getting easy access to rocky coves etc.
Only down side is they are fair weather craft so you can't really go fishing in poor weather but does not worry me as I chuck up fishing on a boat in rough sea anyway.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

What have you got? I am veering to something i can put on a trailer. No sails for me, on board engine

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The compromise is a good powerful jet ski.
Great fun, very fast, cheaper to run, easy to launch, no mooring, you can tow a water skier, and you can stop and go mackerel and bass fishing getting easy access to rocky coves etc.
Only down side is they are fair weather craft so you can't really go fishing in poor weather but does not worry me as I chuck up fishing on a boat in rough sea anyway.

Hmzzzzzzz, interesting but a bit of a solo thing?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
What have you got? I am veering to something i can put on a trailer. No sails for me, on board engine

25ft Drago. 4 berth.

I can see the argument for a trailer and keeping it on your drive if you've got the room - its certainly cheaper!. But bear in mind, you have to hook to the trailer, get to a marina/launch area, book a launch time, check the engine once in the water etc, book a lock out and then take it out of the water and hook it back up when you've done. I've found its just pleasant to roll up, check the boat on its mooring and radio out through the lock at a leisurely pace. Its also nice to just sit on the boat sometimes in the marina with a beer and just watch the world go by - especially if you've been out and come back. All aspects of boat service are also at hand, rather than having to keep taking it backwards and forwards if you need anything doing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here