Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Any Amazon recommendations please?

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I started watching the boys last night.
It looks high quality and is an interesting take on the superhero genre.
I will watch episode 2 and see if I'm still interested. if not then I'm going to look at Vikings and there is quite a few films.
I'm quite impressed by actually how much is available.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Another vote for The Expanse, not that I've had chance to watch the start of Season 5 yet, I'll have to find time as it is by far one of my favourite shows.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I started watching the boys last night.
It looks high quality and is an interesting take on the superhero genre.
I will watch episode 2 and see if I'm still interested. if not then I'm going to look at Vikings and there is quite a few films.
I'm quite impressed by actually how much is available.

The Boys is immense, stick with it. Not every episode is a ripsnorter, but the series as a whole is superbly entertaining, I've just polished off S2.

Some of the violence and gore is off the scale. Homelander is one of the best small-screen characters I've ever seen - so much power, malice and insecurity. And Billy Butcher is hugely entertaining. Can't wait for S3.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've just watched the latest Grand Tour 90 minute annual special - A Massive Hunt. Seems to have a lot of negative reviews, but I actually really enjoyed it. Yes its the usual contrived schtick with the usual roles played out by the usual trio. But I'm a massive fan of travel shows, which is what I class this as, and seeing Madagascar in glorious 4K, with the editing they do and the numerous masterful aerial drone shots was just spectacular. The adapted vehicles were fun, the "roads" unbelievable, the bemused natives great to watch. Much, much better than last years rather tedious effort on the boats in Vietnam IMO, but going by the reviews, I seem to be in a minority.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I've just watched the latest Grand Tour 90 minute annual special - A Massive Hunt. Seems to have a lot of negative reviews, but I actually really enjoyed it. Yes its the usual contrived schtick with the usual roles played out by the usual trio. But I'm a massive fan of travel shows, which is what I class this as, and seeing Madagascar in glorious 4K, with the editing they do and the numerous masterful aerial drone shots was just spectacular. The adapted vehicles were fun, the "roads" unbelievable, the bemused natives great to watch. Much, much better than last years rather tedious effort on the boats in Vietnam IMO, but going by the reviews, I seem to be in a minority.

Nearly dived in last night when I saw it had been released a day early, but have it planned for tonight.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
The Boys is immense, stick with it. Not every episode is a ripsnorter, but the series as a whole is superbly entertaining, I've just polished off S2.

Some of the violence and gore is off the scale. Homelander is one of the best small-screen characters I've ever seen - so much power, malice and insecurity. And Billy Butcher is hugely entertaining. Can't wait for S3.

Yes,I watched episode 2 and am hooked now.
I'm now on episode 5 it's absolutely brilliant.
Agree 100percent about homelander and Billy butcher and also so many other interesting characters.i will watch episode 5 and 6 tonight hopefully.

getz

Jan 15, 2010
Just watched the complete series of "The Test". After the debacle of the South African v Australia cheating series , manager Justin Langer takes charge of the Aussies team. The series shows what happens behind the scenes as the team take on various teams culminating in the World Cup in England. Fascinating to see the ups and downs and pressures of being an international cricketer.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Modern love- superb series, 8 episodes of short stories
Every episode a gem, great songs running through all episodes, Gaz Coombes “the girl who fell to earth”features on episode 1 “when the doorman is your favourite man”
Also
THIS IS US the best programme to watch through the most depressing of times, every episode leaves you with goosebumps or a lump in your throat,very uplifting & brilliantly written

THE BOYS - love it, roll on series 3

If prime hadn’t of starting showing live football last Xmas I’d have missed all these great shows and more, went for the free trial but carried on subscribing

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The Massive Hunt
Quite possibly the biggest pile of expletive expletive I've ever watched. Had this been the first show with unknown actors it would be dumped right now.
No Spoiler alert as there's nothing to spoil.
They go to Madagascar. Drive 3 cars down roads get on a ferry, get off a ferry, drive for days down a dirt track, get on the same ferry again, get off ferry, drive down dirt track, arrive at beach, blow up beach.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Modern love- superb series, 8 episodes of short stories
Every episode a gem, great songs running through all episodes, Gaz Coombes “the girl who fell to earth”features on episode 1 “when the doorman is your favourite man”
Also
THIS IS US the best programme to watch through the most depressing of times, every episode leaves you with goosebumps or a lump in your throat,very uplifting & brilliantly written

THE BOYS - love it, roll on series 3

If prime hadn’t of starting showing live football last Xmas I’d have missed all these great shows and more, went for the free trial but carried on subscribing

Thank you for the reminder - I watched it when it was on C4 a couple of years ago and had forgotten about it until I saw your post. Loved it and have taken it up again from Series 3 on Prime. As you say, uplifting and lump in the throat viewing.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
'The Three Kings' is the beautifully-told story of the three kings - Busby! Shankly! Stein! - that shaped The People's Game in post-war Britain. Highly human and deeply moving. I really can't recommend it highly enough. From the makers of 'Senna'

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tis a shame Ted Lasso is on the only channel, Apple TV, that doesn't have a recommendations thread.

I recently watched it for the second time and it was still bloody funny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here