Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Any Amazon recommendations please?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Night Sky with Sissy Spacek and JK Simmons is excellent IMO. It's a slow burn but is so much more than just a Sci Fi series

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Another shout for Reacher, much better than the films with Tom Cruise playing him, I’ve read all the books and wasn’t really impressed with the films but Reacher on Amazon is really good IMO

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The first series of Brockmire is on.
It's fantastic.

If they pick up the second series, don't bother it's shite.

The third series is back on track.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Way Back, titled Finding the Way Back in the United Kingdom.

You might have missed this as it was released the same time as Covid!
It's well worth a look.

Affleck plays a functioning alcoholic roped into coaching.

It's not the most original of plots but is very well told and Affleck puts in a very, very, impressive performance.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Okay, so a film called The Report is well worth a watch.

A dramatisation of the Dan Jones's Senate Intelligence Select Committee report into the CIA's use of torture after 9/11. Of 119 detainees tortured by the CIA, 25% should never have been detained, the rest, not a single piece of usable intel resulted from the torture activities. Powerful stuff.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This is one that is available on Shudder. It's a streaming service that is available direct online, or as a channel in either Apple or Amazon. I have it as an amazon channel.

'Lake Mungo' A documentary-style ghost story. It is the story of the family of a girl who drowned. It tells their story of how in the aftermath of her death they see some spooky happenings. Then discover their daughter had some big secrets.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
James May is now swanning around Italia.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Watched 1962 B Movie Smokescreen on Amazon Prime - reasonably entertaining with Pater Vaughn starring. More interesting though is its largely set in the Brighton area so some good shots of the locations used including The West Pier, Grand Hotel, Dyke Road, Nizells Ave, Seaford Head, Michelham Priory etc

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
I know he’s a Coldplay/U2-esque hate figure on nsc, but I really like and rate Tom Cruise.

Alan Ritchson is great too.

Not read the books, I might start, as my next holiday read.

I can't get past Tom Cruise being a Scientologist; knowing that he takes that cretinous cult seriously taints anything if ever does or ever says...

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
All or Nothing, Arsenal one.

Not seen any of the others but it's an interesting insight into a PL club.

Aubameyang comes across as a right dick. Rocks up in a gold coloured car and matching trainers.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
All or Nothing, Arsenal one.

Not seen any of the others but it's an interesting insight into a PL club.

Aubameyang comes across as a right dick. Rocks up in a gold coloured car and matching trainers.

Just finished E3 of this. The Man City and Spuds ones bored me shitless, but THIS series is actually rather good. Some great pre-and-post match gameday dressing room footage.

I'm genuinely starting to like Arteta. He's a bit bonkers, but his passion and determination, attention to detail, as well as being so genuine with his players, he comes across as a very driven but very decent man.

Even if I did actually LOL at his bizarre scrawled whiteboard diagrams about his EMOTIONS, to his bemused players. And the bit where in the run-up to a game at Liverpool, he had speakers on the training field blasting out "YNWA" in order to "prepare" them for Anfield...Result ? Lost 4-0. I would be HORRIFIED if I saw GP employing that type of gubbins, playing into the pathetic mantra that Liverpool (a) is some kind of epic spiritual journey to deal with. Piss off. Its just 10 blokes in red to knock over, as we've done several times.

Anyway. Good show.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here