Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Antony Knockaert

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, I had noticed that, actually. They, however, have lost Kante and look like losing Mahrez; we haven't lost any of our essential midfielders. Ergo, our squad retention is going better than theirs. Simples.

[tweet]755516725664165888[/tweet]

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
[MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] is getting some unfair stick here. I started one (1!) thread outlining my concerns re the summer following the latest PO failure. In summary I suspected contracts would go unsigned, and players might seek to 'create' a move following on from the disappointment of the Wednesday/Boro saga. I also surmised we'd see a lack of quality 'in's' and Murray aside, I'm not too sure we're as prepared as we need to be to compete (again) at the business end of a parachute payment filled division.

My original fears are still there and we're now sitting at the end of July.

The out rumours, although just that, concern me most - it turns players heads, effects key relationships and subconsciously erodes team spirit.

Hmmmm I still feel two will go, with more in Jan if we're in mid-table. Again, we shall see...

I do think you might be overdoing the pessimism. Whichever way you attempted to make your point your post was always seeking a slant toward the black route. For instance, you suggest we are running out of time to make quality signings, yet don't at all consider we are also running out of time to lose contracted players.
You'd be much happier, without detriment to our squad (it's not our remit anyway) to feel we are committed to keeping our squad intact, no one lost yet, despite offers. And will bring in a quality signing or two at the arse (and busy) end of the window.

In my view, and perhaps it's only mine. Mr Tony has put his foot down and declared NO sales, hence there's been none. Whilst Paul Winstanley has been a revelation in procurment, especially considering the abysmal performance of his predecessor, has been silent and invisible of late. Which leads me to believe ... he's up to something. :)
We have again my opinion shown to be the very epitome of a professional club...our silence with regard to our targets is totally commendable and I'm sure the envy of many.

2016-2017 BRING IT ON! :albion2:

Of much more concern should be, how much are Pies this season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I do think you might be overdoing the pessimism. Whichever way you attempted to make your point your post was always seeking a slant toward the black route. For instance, you suggest we are running out of time to make quality signings, yet don't at all consider we are also running out of time to lose contracted players.
You'd be much happier, without detriment to our squad (it's not our remit anyway) to feel we are committed to keeping our squad intact, no one lost yet, despite offers. And will bring in a quality signing or two at the arse (and busy) end of the window.

In my view, and perhaps it's only mine. Mr Tony has put his foot down and declared NO sales, hence there's been none. Whilst Paul Winstanley has been a revelation in procurment, especially considering the abysmal performance of his predecessor, has been silent and invisible of late. Which leads me to believe ... he's up to something. :)
We have again my opinion shown to be the very epitome of a professional club...our silence with regard to our targets is totally commendable and I'm sure the envy of many.

2016-2017 BRING IT ON! :albion2:

Of much more concern should be, how much are Pies this season.
If I was a billionaire like Bloom, for this summer I would absolutely say NO SALES, unless absolutely stupid, silly money which would in turn buy a much better player as a replacement.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If I was a billionaire like Bloom, for this summer I would absolutely say NO SALES, unless absolutely stupid, silly money which would in turn buy a much better player as a replacement.
If I was a billionaire like Bloom I'd like to think I'd amassed enough sense to not own a football club. :dunce:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We always sell our players....

Sales
First choice players since Hughton arrived - Zero.

Bids turned down:
Summer Window 15
Dunk - bid from Fulham - turned down
Stephens - bid from Derby - turned down
Summer Window 16
Dunk - bid from Palace - turned down
Stephens - 2 bids from Burnley - turned down

PS: We might still sell players this window, sometimes you really don't have a choice, but Bloom has clearly decided to make it more difficult since days of Ulloa, Barnes, Buckley and Bridcutt.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
PS: We might still sell players this window, sometimes you really don't have a choice, but Bloom has clearly decided to make it more difficult since days of Ulloa, Barnes, Buckley and Bridcutt.
All of which a case can be made that the buying clubs overpaid.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Excellent player and I hope he stays. However I disagree with the certainty of your last sentence. This time last year we had barely heard of him and we also did not know of the contributions to be made by March, Goldson, Stephens, Kayal, Stockdale, Hemed, Murphy and Bruno. If Knockeart or anyone else leaves then the odds (given Hughton's record) are we will find an exciting replacement.
I think you'll find that a lot of people had heard of Knockhaert and seen his displays at Leicester! I don't think anyone had any inkling that he was on our radar or that we were looking to spend the sort of money we did.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I think you'll find that a lot of people had heard of Knockhaert and seen his displays at Leicester! I don't think anyone had any inkling that he was on our radar or that we were looking to spend the sort of money we did.

I don't remember anything about his displays at Leicester though realise that he was in fact there. Will see if I can find anything on the Internet.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
He played 42 league games in the 2012-2013 and 2013-2014 season..................Championship ever-present. I certainly remember watching the championship highlights on TV and seeing the silky runs he makes for us, for them. That's why I was overjoyed when we signed him!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I have a lot of Leicester supporting friends who all remember knockaert fondly, the main gripe was he was a bit inconsistent and didn't like being left out.

I think he is one of those players who likes to be the main man, and he is that with us.

Definately our talisman and he responds to it :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

A lot people saw Knockheart miss a penalty at Watford, & get knocked out of the playoffs.

They got promoted the next season.
I'm hoping we do the same.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
If I was a billionaire like Bloom I'd like to think I'd amassed enough sense to not own a football club. :dunce:

Well, whilst I do understand what you're suggesting, in that few manage to recoup their investment from such ventures.
I don't suppose Tony or his family go without. And as he's been a lifelong supporter of the club, I'm sure it's much more than just a business to him...thankfully. I guess when your very well heeled you have a choice, invest it and make more and more. But never enjoy anything whilst becoming a tight arse. Or buy stuff to make you happy. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here