Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Antonio Conte

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Funny bloke. Seems an utter cock, whinges all the time, appears to want to come to a club and buy a new team rather than coach what's already there. Yet he has been a very successful head coach when you look at his CV :shrug:
Apparently he is very impressive and useful when he comes to a club, creating discipline and making players train harder than any other coach, but running marathons every training session while this jerk is telling you how shit you are just gets old pretty quickly.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Listening to documentary on R5; he’s not a very popular coach in Italy. Took Inter to the top winning the league a few years back then the whole country entered financial problems post covid and he refused to stay because they wouldn’t bankroll his next season. Think it was viewed as being a touch tone deaf.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Apparently he is very impressive and useful when he comes to a club, creating discipline and making players train harder than any other coach, but running marathons every training session while this jerk is telling you how shit you are just gets old pretty quickly.
I think all of that is clear to see.

His record is reasonable and he is just a bad fit at Spurs IMO. Ironically, GP would have been better for Spurs if they wanted attractive football. Chelsea, regardless of coach, always look workmanlike to me with a few flair players who get them over the line.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It is quite worrying how such a mediocre team can still be 5th in this division. I almost feel embarrassed that we lost to them

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I would question the accuracy of these salaries, sauce of sauce?

Can’t see us paying RBZ less than the reported £2m a year to potter (again sauce) I would have thought at least equal to or more, if anything to increase his buy out clause
I would say those figures are plucked out of empty space

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Ooh. Got "Spuds" and "Chelshit" in the same thread. Only need "Palarse" for a full house.
Don't forget Citeh and the Bin Dippers...

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Quite the highest bellendery for quite some time.

He has totally lost the plot now.
Agree with him to be honest. Why should Lampard have to take questions on Everton's owners choices, for example? We're lucky in that Barber regularly talks to the media, as does Ashworth at Newcastle. I don't think it should happen every game, but what's so insane about the decision makers at a club coming out and explaining their decisions?

Levy: "Yeah, we know we want Trossard and we know we can pay the £30m it'll likely take to get him"
Journo: "So why only offer £15, two backs of Haribo Starmix and a coupon for free delivery at Ocado?"
Levy: "Er, it's called negotiating... Duh"

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've got a mate who is a ST at Spuds (and he think's they're shitehouse) and he will only rock up to about one game in five because he's often got other things (some of them are pretty mundane such as picking a Christmas tree, a school show for one of the kids or, most recently, a touch of man flu) to do. I think his tardiness has got to be due to Conte, his tactics and the way that they play. I went with him for the 0-1 defeat under Hughton and while Albion were pretty dull then, to be fair, Tottingham were not much better – considering they are a BIG team!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Agree with him to be honest. Why should Lampard have to take questions on Everton's owners choices, for example? We're lucky in that Barber regularly talks to the media, as does Ashworth at Newcastle. I don't think it should happen every game, but what's so insane about the decision makers at a club coming out and explaining their decisions?

Levy: "Yeah, we know we want Trossard and we know we can pay the £30m it'll likely take to get him"
Journo: "So why only offer £15, two backs of Haribo Starmix and a coupon for free delivery at Ocado?"
Levy: "Er, it's called negotiating... Duh"
Crazy, right? He should at least be kicking things off with Tangfastics!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Irrespective of his motives and the security of his tenure, he has a point. Why don't the medical staff sit in on a press conference or other members of the club.

I'd say the same about post match press conferences in that referees should have to give an interview, including the VAR for the game. Add a bit of transparency to their decisions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here