Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anti Falmer propaganda in The Times today

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Is that an article or a letter? There is no National Park.
:angry: :angry:

D

Deleted member 2719

Wankers.

I know why i don't buy the Times now cos they talk shit.

:censored: :censored: :censored:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Hasn't there been talk of a south downs national park? I tak ethough that Falmer wouldn't be in this area anyway even if it did come about?

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Jesus, we're further away than ever.:nono:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Yorkie said:
Is that an article or a letter? There is no National Park.
:angry: :angry:

It,s an article....written with the skill and expertise of a "journalist"....you know.....those people who can be very eloquent, have a reasonable command of English Language, probably a decent education, very good at debating and putting people down.....but continually wear rose-tinted glasses and talk through their bottom....

Dandyman

In London village.
It's a Murdoch paper. A news group that can lie about dead Liverpool supporters is going to find it easy to spout crap about the Community Stadium.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
IF it is a direct quote from Neighbour then he is lying.

¡Cereal Killer! said:
Someone should email them and correct them.

They won't print a correction-you'd be wasting your time. The opening paragraph gives a clue as to their thinking about the matter.

“New Delay To Falmer” ran the recent dramatic headline in the Brighton Argus newspaper. This referred to the seemingly endless saga over the new stadium for Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club, a vast development on the South Downs

A vast development on the South Downs? f***ing wankers:angry:

Some of our media savvy folks might be able to find out a bit about Stephen Gardiner including what ties he has with any of the anti-Stadium lobby.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
And the twin villages of Falmer, already perilously close to extinction, will be blown away.

f***ing Good!!! The best thing that could happen to it.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Nemesis said:
They won't print a correction-you'd be wasting your time. The opening paragraph gives a clue as to their thinking about the matter.

“New Delay To Falmer” ran the recent dramatic headline in the Brighton Argus newspaper. This referred to the seemingly endless saga over the new stadium for Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club, a vast development on the South Downs

A vast development on the South Downs? f***ing wankers:angry:

Some of our media savvy folks might be able to find out a bit about Stephen Gardiner including what ties he has with any of the anti-Stadium lobby.

Stephen Gardiner i'm sure he's one of my mates brothers, or he may just have the same name.

Mr Burns said:
... the twin villages of Falmer ...
That is one of the funniest phrases to come out of the NIMBY camp, ever.

It merely emphasises the fact that they are in total denial of the nature of their community.

I thought it was split down the middle by the thundering superhighway that is the A27. Apparently not. It's two quite separate little villages.

Hmmm....

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
"Stephen Gardiner, an architect and writer, receives an OBE for services to Community Architecture. Stephen trained at the Architectural Association and went into private practice in 1957. He built primary and secondary schools for the London County Council, play buildings for the handicapped, two residential schemes in Milton Keynes and a nature study centre for deprived children in Epping Forrest. He has written a book on Le Corbusier and he has just completed The House: its Origins and Evolution, to be published in September. He is a regular contributor to The Times."

So, an architect. And not a planning expert. Funny that, sort of comes over in the piece. There must be some personal angle here, this is way out of his usual brief for the Times which is, err, architecture.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The bit I like is "Hand the Falmer site to the football club and this will be the outcome: roaring football crowds ...."

No it won't be. We're quiet as mice. Just come to Withdean any Saturday when we're at home and you'll see.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
goldstone said:
The bit I like is "Hand the Falmer site to the football club and this will be the outcome: roaring football crowds ...."

No it won't be. We're quiet as mice. Just come to Withdean any Saturday when we're at home and you'll see.

A roof will make a hell of a difference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here