Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anthony Taylor

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
What did he say?
"I just think if he gives [Brighton's] penalty, he's got to give so many," he said. "The fact he's seen that in open play and not seen ours, needing VAR, sums up where refereeing is at. He is number one, apparently.

"I'm trying to be in the supportive camp, but then we see that. We've not played well enough, but having got momentum, to see a decision like that is not easy."

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
For those at the game, over Radio Sussex I could hear mass chanting against him after final whistle .... presumably from Forest, as I could also hear Al-b-on, Al-b-on.

So hated by the whole stadium?
They joined in and gave us a round of applause with our "Anthony Taylor, you’re shit every week" chants throughout the game

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
For those at the game, over Radio Sussex I could hear mass chanting against him after final whistle .... presumably from Forest, as I could also hear Al-b-on, Al-b-on.

So hated by the whole stadium?
Someone, who was at the match, has said, on FB, the whole ground was chanting ‘You’re not fit to refere’.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
"I just think if he gives [Brighton's] penalty, he's got to give so many," he said. "The fact he's seen that in open play and not seen ours, needing VAR, sums up where refereeing is at. He is number one, apparently.

"I'm trying to be in the supportive camp, but then we see that. We've not played well enough, but having got momentum, to see a decision like that is not easy."
Oliver is the only ref I’ve seen stick to his on field decision after being advised to go to the monitor It was us away at Villa during covid. Whilst Pedro is good at buying pens I didn’t think either were.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Dunk has plenty in the bank he made an error today it didn’t cost us we move on.
You missed out 'we learn from this'. LD doesn't . . . . Which (long ball over the top aside) has always been an issue With him. As brilliant as he's been over the years . . . JPVH appears to be the ideal succession/replacement with a better, shall we say, 'mentality'

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
To us yes (think all fans of their club think the same) but I doubt the comment helped.
All fans do think the same.
Not every other club have the same level of evidence to support those claims though.

However De Zerbi has had 3 apologies for blatantly incorrect decisions and has been carded every time he oversteps the line.
He hasn't seen anything even itself out yet.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
All fans do think the same.
Not every other club have the same level of evidence to support those claims though.

However De Zerbi has had 3 apologies for blatantly incorrect decisions and has been carded every time he oversteps the line.
He hasn't seen anything even itself out yet.

Yes I do I agree, I think the letters of apologies back this up.

Can also see why RDZ made his comments too, as managers live and die by small decisions. So when you lose and get letters saying 'errr sorry, we got that wrong and cost you the game again' it's gonna piss you off.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Asking the referee for an explanation by the skipper, is not a minute of madness.
I saw it on a mates dodgy riverside viewing point.

We don't know what was said but the venom in the way Dunk shouted at him certainly wasn't nice.

In a modern day time when PGMOL and respect are the modus operandi, doing that is just stupid and he better bloody learn from it😡

Frankfurter

Nov 25, 2023
Anthony Taylor is the most suspect referee in the history of the PL. I imagine that, at least, two dvds could be produced about his suspicious calls. Ask Chelsea fans (alright, alright I know...). This 'referee' is ridiculously biased against southern teams. His family are Man U season ticket holders.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I saw it on a mates dodgy riverside viewing point.

We don't know what was said but the venom in the way Dunk shouted at him certainly wasn't nice.

In a modern day time when PGMOL and respect are the modus operandi, doing that is just stupid and he better bloody learn from it😡
Disagree. Take a look at the highlights on the clubsite.
I have seen many, many players use far more venom and foul language, escape any punishment.

Taylor was just being a pompous prick.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I thought he was good, and then he just lost it. A captain should be able to speak to the ref without getting two yellow cards in 10 seconds. Insane really.
I think if you call them a **** repeatedly it’s different but I think the double yellow was harsh considering the pen was also soft AND the striker would never have got to it. So I can understand calling him a **** at least once.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here