Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anthony Pilkington

D

Deleted member 18477

hes not worth more than bennett no, but he is good. however where are norwich going to play all these players? surely they'd have been better off signing a proven prem player for 3-4 mil? instead of 2 proven league 1 players at best...

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I suppose its an idea,cherry pick all the best players from league 1.Have they signed CMS yet?.Whether it will work is another matter.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I think it could work if they also sign proven premiership centre backs otherwise I think it'll end in tears. They'll piss the Champiosip the season after though.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
i am not sure - I think they might hold their own, I think QPR although champions will struggle more, Wigan and Blackburn will struggle too

norwich and swansea straight back down i reckon.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Will do OK and have a chance to stay up. How they value him more than Bennett though is crazy. If he's worth 1.5M Bennett was near double that as younger, fitter, and more end product. Also arguably more flexible and possibly on a longer deal.

That said he's another good player to add to their group, probably going to all be hungry to prove themselves at that level too. I think wages is the main reason to sign these guys not established PREM players. If they can stay up they'll be bonded as a group and on cheaper deals, with more potential than past it Premiership players. Just a big IF.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
We've def sold Bennett on the cheap IMO. Worth another million upfront after the season he's had.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Norwich are bulking out the squad with decent players worth up to £2m....this is an insurance policy should they come straight back down. i.e these players will give them a good chance of bouncing back again.
The parachute payments are so large that it pays to 'yo yo'...just build a relegation clause into contracts and you are laughing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here