Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Anthony martials wants to leave man u

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Newcastle getting linked to every player moving club anytime ever now. Agents obviously sniffing another trough to dip their snouts into

I honestly think that Newcastle are going to find it very difficult to attract any player with real pedigree next month. The prospect of relegation is all too real.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Are we really saying a player who has scored 56 goals for Man Utd is crap, if we can afford him I say get him.

Obviously not "crap", just not worth what he would cost.

Scoring 56 goals is good but it is easier to score in United than in for example Brighton. If Maupay plays for United, where he'd constantly get world class service, for seven seasons I could easily see him score more than that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Obviously not "crap", just not worth what he would cost.

Scoring 56 goals is good but it is easier to score in United than in for example Brighton. If Maupay plays for United, where he'd constantly get world class service, for seven seasons I could easily see him score more than that.

Hmmm not too sure on that one, no one can claim that Maupay isn't provided with the chances to score more at the Albion, he just doesn't convert enough of them.

As we all know, creating the chances to score has never really been the problem, it's all about putting the ball into the net which has long been the issue.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Hmmm not too sure on that one, no one can claim that Maupay isn't provided with the chances to score more at the Albion, he just doesn't convert enough of them.

As we all know, creating the chances to score has never really been the problem, it's all about putting the ball into the net which has long been the issue.

Of course he could score more, same goes for Martial and pretty much everyone else. Players miss chances.

You get more high quality chances though if Bruno Fernandes, Pogba, Zlatan, Rooney etc. provide you with nasty through balls putting you one and one against the keeper rather than some Dan Burn cross when the opponents have eleven players in the penalty box.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Of course he could score more, same goes for Martial and pretty much everyone else. Players miss chances.

You get more high quality chances though if Bruno Fernandes, Pogba, Zlatan, Rooney etc. provide you with nasty through balls putting you one and one against the keeper rather than some Dan Burn cross when the opponents have eleven players in the penalty box.

I'm not just saying that Maupay "could" score more, l'm saying that he "should" score more, for me they are two different things.

But yes of course all strikers, even the world's best, will always miss a percentage of the chances created for them.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
A lazy striker who doesn't score?

The DJ is a cheaper version.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
He's going to have to at least half his wages to move anywhere in the PL. Contract seems to be worth 250k a week for another 2 1/2 years.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I'm not sure why we would be interested in someone who has a worse goalscoring record than Neil Maupay (in terms of goals per 90 mins played) and whose wages would probably be at least 3 times higher than Maupay's?

Edit: SIX times higher than Maupay's

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He's probably getting paid about 4-5 times what our current highest earners are getting.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I'm not sure why we would be interested in someone who has a worse goalscoring record than Neil Maupay (in terms of goals per 90 mins played) and whose wages would probably be at least 3 times higher than Maupay's?

Edit: SIX times higher than Maupay's

Probably right The Times says he is on £250k and Barca can’t afford him - not bad wage for a rubbish player that some don’t think is good enough

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here