Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anthony Knockaert

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I imagine the wording was more supportive, as I think he's the type of person the responds better to the carrot than the stick.

Yeah you may be right on that...I guess we'll never know but one thing is for sure, the response from Knockhaert since he came back has been phenomenal.

If he can start performing at that level week in week out at PL level, we have one hell of a player!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
He mugged Pogba off several times - and Matic. Just brilliant. He got too much stick on here when he’s actually had a decent enough season...

Abso-bloody-exactly.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
The little bloke was marvellous tonight, and really should have had a penalty.
Another awful decision from the officials.

Forgot about that one. Definite penalty I thought.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeah you may be right on that...I guess we'll never know but one thing is for sure, the response from Knockhaert since he came back has been phenomenal.

If he can start performing at that level week in week out at PL level, we have one hell of a player!
I think it's too much to ask of anyone other than Messi to perform like that every week, but regular decent performances would be good.

I think some fans need to remember that when he's not performing as well, it's not because he doesn't care. He cares too much if anything. He's passionate, magical and over excited, and can get frustrated sometimes. I love him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think it's too much to ask of anyone other than Messi to perform like that every week, but regular decent performances would be good.

I think some fans need to remember that when he's not performing as well, it's not because he doesn't care. He cares too much if anything. He's passionate, magical and over excited, and can get frustrated sometimes. I love him.

I have said that when Nsc'ers have condemned him for trantrums, 'throwing his toys out' and other derogatory comments. It is down to frustration as he wants to excel every time.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I can't remember seeing such a fantastic performance from a Brighton player for many a long year. And to turn on such a display against one of the best teams in Europe just beggars belief. Well done Knocky. Truly, truly impressive on a night that will live long in the memory.

While I agree with you on Knockaert, you're surely inflating United. They're a long way behind several clubs in Europe.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
A deft flick of the boot and he's past one defender.
A sharp side step and a change of direction at full throttle and he's past another.

Whenever he got hold of the ball I swear the clouds parted and the angels sang.
Hallelujah AK, hallelujah.

I think it's the best game he has played for us since he lost his father. Too many times this season he has tried too hard and it's not paid off, but tonight almost everything he did paid off. I hope this is the springboard he needs to start setting the PL alight. He really deserves it. Well done Knocky!!

Jul 7, 2003
I’ve been very critical of our knocky this season but tonight and the past few weeks he’s really been growing into the premier league I truly believe he’s back to his best and that he can keep it up with consistent performances next season then we’ll really have a player on our hands

Like you, I have also been very critical of him this season. However, since his enforced absence he has been so much better. Last night was a great attacking performance but I also thought his discipline defensively at Burnley also showed a more mature attitude. Hopefully he will carry on this great form into next season.

I also think Izquierdo had a very good defensive game last night. In the away league game Ashley Young was probably their best player but he was anonymous last night - mainly because he was not allowed to push forward.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Easily his best game this season , when knocks and Izquierdo are playing well together , what an attacking force

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
A deft flick of the boot and he's past one defender.
A sharp side step and a change of direction at full throttle and he's past another.

Whenever he got hold of the ball I swear the clouds parted and the angels sang.
Hallelujah AK, hallelujah.

It was like watching poetry.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
There was one corner for us when CH whistled to AK to get further back to counter a quick break away - AK moved a few yards back and raced back took the ball off a breaking Man U player on the half way line when they could have been clean through - summed up AK performance perfectly

Immense

Don't under estimate how much the whole squad looks up to Bruno either

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here