Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anthony Knockaert v Vicente Rodriguez - Who is the Greatest?

So, who's the better BHAFC player?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Me and a mate were having a conversation during the game yesterday (he never shuts up) and this could be another topic, however he said from the Amex era who would you include in the current team. My only answer was a fit Vicente. Knocky on the right, Vicente on the left. Wow!

Thought: I forgot Wayne Bridge, I'd have him too.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Vicente. He was world class.
Changed the club & the perception of the club & plenty who came after came because of that. Reportedly at the time we got Bruno in because he was his best mate

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
He wasn't released from Leicester, as they offered him a new contract, but he chose to go to Belgium, because it was near his home when his father was ill.

Too close to call for me.

Oh, well that ruins half of my argument then

I am also still pretty annoyed over his performance on Saturday where I felt he was getting petulant and just throwing himself to the ground after overdoing all the tricks.

i don't remember Vicente doing that and having as many 'off games' but I guess that's because his off days were the weeks/months of not playing at all

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Vicente had greater vision and his passing was always inch perfect.

Also when he played Vicente was on another level from the rest of the team. When playing with Wayne Bridge who also played at a higher level the link up play was outstanding, given that Vridge made runs knowing the pass would come.

Knockaert is excellent at running with the ball and dead ball situations. However he has to a degree benefited from a better and more solid team around him.

So at this time based on Albion performances Vicente (just)

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Vicente.

Knockaert is fantastic and definitely contributes more in goals and assists, and we'll struggle to keep him for long. However most of his value is because he's not a crock, unlike The Dagger.

Remember, Vicente turned up and took the piss out of the likes of Liverpool, in the twilight of his career, whilst rarely fit. His vision, his weight of pass, his awareness of space, were still European-competition standard, in the second tier.

Knockaert is more skillful and greater value to us because he plays every week. His statistical contribution is way higher. But signing Vicente was a coup like no other we've made in recent memory, and his contribution to hearts and minds wins it for me.

Oct 25, 2003
Vicente

Pros: Insane natural ability; mystique; ability to send grown men into schoolgirl delirium; flair opinions (Gus Poyet is a ****, medical staff are useless etc.)
Cons: Never ****ing played; slightly disrupted team chemistry when he did play

Knockaert

Pros: Great combination of flair and productivity; more hardworking than your average flair icon; great skills; french style on-pitch moaning etc.; consistent
Cons: not QUITE as naturally gifted as Vicente; less decorated career

I think AK edges it overall due to his level of productivity and usefulness to the team

Oct 25, 2003
I guess you have to work out whether you're asking who is/was the better footballer OVERALL or who is/was the better footballer FOR US

Vicente overall, Knockaert for us

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Madrid offered 31 million Euros for Vicente in 2004 so at his peak he was clearly a better player than Knocky but as an Albion player I voted Knocky as he plays week in week out and doesn't seem to have the "head" issues that were so frustrating for me in Vicente's time here.

Both make the ticket cost worth it just for the flair on show.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Purely from them playing at the Albion, I can make a good case for both. Whilst Vicente's crossing and end product was far superior, I would say knockaert is better for us as he plays every week and does the donkey work too. They both can put players on their backsides. Vicente the better player technically. Knockaert is the better player to have.

D

Deleted member 2719

Vicente had greater vision and his passing was always inch perfect.

Also when he played Vicente was on another level from the rest of the team. When playing with Wayne Bridge who also played at a higher level the link up play was outstanding, given that Vridge made runs knowing the pass would come.

Knockaert is excellent at running with the ball and dead ball situations. However he has to a degree benefited from a better and more solid team around him.

So at this time based on Albion performances Vicente (just)

This.
Although I think AK has a bit to do yet to match the God that is Vincente.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not really a contest when it comes to output. Vicente was a great player but we only caught a glimpse of what he could do, Knockaert does it every game.

Great players both mind.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Knockeart has a presence and an ability to take opposing players on. He is a good passer of the ball... but... Vicente had all that and an awareness on the final product that places him into an elite league- the likes of which I have never seen in my time at this level.

I'd like both, but would choose a fit Vicente.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Very difficult to compare although Vicente was fab in his day and played for a big club and champions league football.Now from an Albion perspective knocky is miles ahead of Vicente and rarely gets injured and does what he does week in week out...bloody runs his socks off and has everything you wish for in a winger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here