Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anthony Knockaert signs a 3.5 year deal with the Albion

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I remember him coming off the bench for Leicester against us. I think we won but I remember when he came on, they suddenly looked a lot more dangerous with Knockeart cutting in, looking to shoot and beating his man. He looked top class to me. I didn't understand how Leicester could have a player like that on their bench.

I'd be very excited if we sign him.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
All this moaning re Derby making signings and not us tends to remind me of the Summer period ...some were going on about Derby then....didn't seem to do us much harm until recently...personally AT THIS STAGE I'm in the 'wait and see camp'

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
All this moaning re Derby making signings and not us tends to remind me of the Summer period ...some were going on about Derby then....didn't seem to do us much harm until recently...personally AT THIS STAGE I'm in the 'wait and see camp'

I was thinking that. The only reason Derby are above us right now is because of shitty luck with injuries.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Not at all but one is a short term loan and one is untried, am I wrong then?

I will be far more impressed when/if we sign a striker who can score regularly at this level, otherwise we have no chance of promotion.

You set your sights as low as you like though.

Erm...

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I remember him coming off the bench for Leicester against us. I think we won but I remember when he came on, they suddenly looked a lot more dangerous with Knockeart cutting in, looking to shoot and beating his man. He looked top class to me. I didn't understand how Leicester could have a player like that on their bench.

I'd be very excited if we sign him.

did he not get Dunk sent off, if I remember rightly......looked very smug about it afterwards ?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Remind me, how often does a Peter Ward come along? In truth we've signed enough non league rubbish over the years since, one must come good soon by the law of averages.

Disclaimer I am not suggesting he will be rubbish, just making a point about the vast majority of our previous gambles.

a goalscorer who finds the back of the net in any league especially with that many goals can do it anywhere with the right service

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

So not expecting a loanee LB and an untried Irishman to fire us to promotion without strengthening the forward line is writing those players off is it? Umm OK then

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So not expecting a loanee LB and an untried Irishman to fire us to promotion without strengthening the forward line is writing those players off is it? Umm OK then

The window has only been open for two days. You did post an apology to Solly March after writing him off at the beginning of the season.
I think you could wait until the end of January before assessing our chances with new signings.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
To be honest, he is right. Our rivals are signing Championship strikers with 12 goals so far this season. We've signed a midfielder from the Irish leagues

Money means nothing if you do your homework properly and get a bit of luck. We spent £150,000 and got Kayal. Well a bit more now because I think the fee doubles if he gets to having played a set amount of games but even at £300K it is a bargain an great business without spending a fortune

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Brian Owen just tweeted that an agreement had been met according to Standard's website

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here