Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anthony Knackered?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Knocky is very much a flair player feeding on confidence which has seemed lacking from the off this season.

Think part of the problem is that Bruno isn’t getting up the pitch as much so AK is getting the ball much further back than he did last season and has more to do to get past defenders.

He started off brilliantly last season but was a bit less consistent second half.

Still think he could tear up the Premier League if he can find last season’s form again but agree that March should be brought back in as he’s much more of a threat than AK at present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think Bruno should be dropped but given a ‘rest’ instead and play Scholletto with AK down the right.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
... and why not?! [emoji3]

I just think he commits fouls when the team are upfield that he doesn't need to commit and thus giving teams a ''get out'' when they are under pressure. I also think Tomer cuts out the angles better when the opposition are playing out from the back

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I just think he commits fouls when the team are upfield that he doesn't need to commit and thus giving teams a ''get out'' when they are under pressure. I also think Tomer cuts out the angles better when the opposition are playing out from the back
Yes, he's definitely a clumsy tackler. He has a rush of blood and dives in when he doesn't need to. Think he needs to have a chat with Dunk about the best way to overcome it.

Good at banging in the goals though!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Did he flop for Leicester in the PL, or did they get rid in their promotion summer?

He left at the end of their first season in the Premier League, Leicester offered him a 4 year deal but he turned it down as he wanted to play football somewhere closer to his Dad. It’s a falsely that Leicester got rid of him because he’d flopped for them in the Premier League, they wanted him to stay.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He's doing just fine. In the last couple of seasons he's been a star in the league, that's not going to happen in the PL, but he's plenty good enough.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
I just watched a recording of the whole match. You can see so much more about the game and player's performance when you're not live and not tensed up with the game itself.

AK put in a huge shift, especially in the first half. There were many many times when he contributed to the defence or put pressure on a Stoke player or nicked the ball in midfield. And he was always looking for space and to provide a forward outlet opportunity.

He didn't get much chance to show his trademark flair play but he made a major contribution to the game.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Not been effective at all in recent week and needs to be dropped to the bench.

Was his cross that won us 3 points at Swansea. Plus his goal that won us a point (should of been 3) against Everton. Not to mention the space he creates for Gross as defenders target him. He's been doing alright.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here