Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Anthony Joshua

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
How exactly does this mismatch entitle Joshua to anything? He's just slapped an MMA fighter where the striking skill set is totally different. If if ever gets to fight Fury he will be out boxed and stopped in the later rounds. And who on earth is interested in another fight with Usyk?
Fury had the chance to do that and failed miserably. Probably says more about Fury than what Joshua's entitled to, to be fair.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Usyk and Fury have climbed their everests.
Joshua is the most motivated of the 3.
That will make the difference.
Joshua demolishes them all now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
1. Present back to his best AJ beats present Fury.

2. The fight won't happen as Fury will bottle, just like he did Usyk, making ridiculous demands, that when Usyk still accepted and called his bluff he then made more excuses.
Then when fight made, the mystery cut to call it off again.

Expect Fury to call him out, call him A big bum dosser, then do all he can to avoid actually getting in ring.

Peak Fury is past, Peak Joshua is now.
This.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
This.

1 year + ago I believed AJ was finished.

Ponderous, slow had lost that early career killer instinct and seemed to he having some sort of mental/motivation issues.

Clearly moving to Ben Davison has transformed him.

He looked more lean, less bulky, extremely focused like never before and had all that early killer instinct combined with the wisdom of years in the ring.

AJ is out of the wilderness and back to his best peak self, this focused and explosive AJ doesn't lose to Usyk imho nor try and outbox him as before, he simply destroys him physically.

Nor does a Fury past his best, being floored by his sparring partners.

Its a shame we couldn't have AJ of now v Fury of 2-3 years ago.

But right now "this" AJ wins.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This.

1 year + ago I believed AJ was finished.

Ponderous, slow had lost that early career killer instinct and seemed to he having some sort of mental/motivation issues.

Clearly moving to Ben Davison has transformed him.

He looked more lean, less bulky, extremely focused like never before and had all that early killer instinct combined with the wisdom of years in the ring.

AJ is out of the wilderness and back to his best peak self, this focused and explosive AJ doesn't lose to Usyk imho nor try and outbox him as before, he simply destroys him physically.

Nor does a Fury past his best, being floored by his sparring partners.

Its a shame we couldn't have AJ of now v Fury of 2-3 years ago.

But right now "this" AJ wins.
I totally agree with all of this BUT can you really see Fury taking this fight now? It’s my view he swerved AJ last time so there’s no way he’s going to fight him at the moment.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I totally agree with all of this BUT can you really see Fury taking this fight now? It’s my view he swerved AJ last time so there’s no way he’s going to fight him at the moment.
💯

he swerved Usyk too at first, demanded most of purse for his 1 belt, I assume thinking Usyk would decline, but when he agreed and called his bluff he made loads more excuses to avoid fight.

There's always a chance his cut that postponed fight was really training related incident, but honestly I said to a friend months ago when fight announced, I'll only believe it when Fury is in ring and reckon he'll try and find way out of fight, then after all these reports he's getting put on his arse in sparring, a sudden cut/postponement?

The only thing that may persuade him is the purse on a 2 fight deal as it will be off the charts, but imho I don't think Fury fancies this one bit. Let's see if his bravado match his actions.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Just watched the fight.

Crikey, Ngannou offered next to no defence to the right hand, that cannot be due to fatigue at that stage.

Great shots though.
Why are you surprised? He's simply not a boxer. The skills required for striking in MMA are a million miles from that in boxing. The only thing that bizarrely facilitated this fight was Fury treating it as an exhibition in the previous fight.

They fight with no boots, tiny gloves and how they set their feet and balance is so different as they need to be mindful of kicks and take down attempts by wrestlers of jujitsu fighters.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Joshua's beaten a couple of plodders and people going wild on this thread !! If Joshua had to fight fury or usyk tomorrow both fury and usyk would be favourites.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Something I feel is quite evident now is Fury’s lack of motivation, dedication and/or professionalism compared to Usyk and AJ. Say what you like about AJ but you can’t criticize his professionalism.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Joshua's beaten a couple of plodders and people going wild on this thread !! If Joshua had to fight fury or usyk tomorrow both fury and usyk would be favourites.
It's recency bias. People forget Usyk beat AJ twice already.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's recency bias. People forget Usyk beat AJ twice already.
No one has forgotten this. People are merely saying AJ has renewed focus and is energized.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He beat a MMA fighter. There is nothing to suggest he's back to the AJ who beat Wlad or he's renewed.
What more evidence do you need that he’s developed his style under Ben Davison, learned from his mistakes, and has got his confidence back?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He needs to beat up a boxer.
In the past four months, he has bashed up two boxers who Fury struggled against, and arguably lost to.
This time last week Ngannou wasn’t an MMA fighter he was a proper contender, expected to cause Joshua all kinds of problems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here