Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anthony Joshua vs. Wladimir Klitschko

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
I have to say I called this wrong for the first time ever but at the EBF HQ this morning the heavyweight ratings were revised to take this into account...

1/ Tyson Fury - Linear Champion
2/ Deontay Wilder
3/ Anthony Joshua

Hearn won't get away with matching Joshua against Eastern European bin men and Yank bums anymore, the only fight that matters and will be the one of the biggest ever is Fury v Joshua

You know NOTHING about Boxing. Stop posting :wanker:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The key seemed to be that Joshua smelt blood when he had Klitschko on the ropes and Klitschko didn't. Had Klitschko gone after Joshua in the sixth rather than continuing along his usual strategy, I think he'd have won. Still, until the eleventh, it really was Klitschko's fight, and he doesn't look like he's past it by any stretch.

At the time of the stoppage Klitschko was behind 96-93 and 95-93 on two cards, and up 95-93 on the other, so it was by no means his fight. At that stage I honestly couldn't call it, it looked like it would be desperately close had it gone the distance. What a thriller that was though.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Fury beat Klitschko without any bother whatsoever whilst 18 months later without a fight since Klitschko had Joshua in all kinds of bother, Fury softened up Klitschko and father time did the rest and even then Joshua was on the brink of defeat.

Yes, but sport rarely works like that, or you could say that Palace beat Chelsea, Burnley beat Palace so Burnley are better than Chelsea.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Fury beat Klitschko without any bother whatsoever whilst 18 months later without a fight since Klitschko had Joshua in all kinds of bother, Fury softened up Klitschko and father time did the rest and even then Joshua was on the brink of defeat.

IMG_8715.PNG

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just watched the whole thing on You Tube. Great fight - wonder how long it will stay on You Tube before it is pulled?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Fury did a superb job on klit, there's no doubt about that. But those tactics wouldn't stand up against Joshua who has the ability to steamroller and completely overpower opponents.
Also fury is not a big puncher so Joshua could afford to take more chances.
A tougher fight for Joshua would be wilder

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
It doesn't have a closing roof.

I think the crowd in the posh seats would have got wet.

Yes, but they couldn't box in a wet ring.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Fury landed 86 punches out of 371 thrown, how is that softening somebody up ! It was no Pryor/Arguello.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, but they couldn't box in a wet ring.

Ironic, isn't it? It's fine to be standing there being thumped around the head by the hardest punches that 17 stone of finely honed muscle can throw, but a few drops of rain and it's a health and safety issue!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It would have helped had Fury and Klitschko done what happened last night and the 2 fighters throw punches of which there very few in their fight. There were apparently 371 last night how many in the drug cheat v Klitschko? I am sure the stats are available somewhere.

Sorry I misread it that 371 punches was the Fury v Klitschko fight.

Last edited:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Fury landed 86 punches out of 371 thrown, how is that softening somebody up ! It was no Pryor/Arguello.

Are you aware Joshua and Fury box with totally different styles?

Your comparisons of how many punches thrown show you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

You're knowledge of boxing is clearly crap and your posts on the subject simply show what a load of shit your boxing opinions are. Do everyone a favour and stop posting on here.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

It would have helped had Fury and Klitschko done what happened last night and the 2 fighters throw punches of which there very few in their fight. There were apparently 371 last night how many in the drug cheat v Klitschko? I am sure the stats are available somewhere.

Sorry I misread the post as 371 punches were in the Fury v Klitschko fight.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
At the time of the stoppage Klitschko was behind 96-93 and 95-93 on two cards, and up 95-93 on the other, so it was by no means his fight. At that stage I honestly couldn't call it, it looked like it would be desperately close had it gone the distance. What a thriller that was though.

By the time of the stoppage in he eleventh?! Really?!

I'm genuinely shocked. Before that round I'd have had Klitschko winning fairly comfortably. There were about 4 rounds, from when he got knocked down, where Joshua basically didn't land a punch of any note.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Just rewatching the fight . Joshua did brilliantly in the 20 seconds after he was knocked down. Savvy ring craft for someone who had never been in that position before

theroyal

May 11, 2014
By the time of the stoppage in he eleventh?! Really?!

I'm genuinely shocked. Before that round I'd have had Klitschko winning fairly comfortably. There were about 4 rounds, from when he got knocked down, where Joshua basically didn't land a punch of any note.

He was trying to recuperate, or at least, that's how I saw it. Coasted for a few rounds and then went all out in the 11th.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here