Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Antef Tsoungui

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Maybe, just maybe, the responses to this lad go some way to explain why the club would rather keep the yoof set up low key.

As on the back of three and a half minutes of basic drill footage this poor CHILD has now progressed from:-

If he makes it further.
To becoming a full international.
To winning a Euro or World cup with Belgium.
Fall back plans with Cameroon and Italy.
Becoming an England international as a last gasp option.

All the while coming from a disadvantaged up bringing in Crawley.

You guys! :lolol:

You know, I'll take it as an upgrade for the many many posts bemoaning 'not another signing for the youth team or black hole of the u23s, why don't we sign anyone for the first team?'. Those seem to have faded thankfully and predictably as the stars come through - but yes it is very NSC for our youth players to have progressed straight from 'future Whitehawk captain' to 'future WC winner'

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You know, I'll take it as an upgrade for the many many posts bemoaning 'not another signing for the youth team or black hole of the u23s, why don't we sign anyone for the first team?'. Those seem to have faded thankfully and predictably as the stars come through - but yes it is very NSC for our youth players to have progressed straight from 'future Whitehawk captain' to 'future WC winner'

Anyone would think we enjoy being disappointed so have to move the finishing line accordingly. :lol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Point of order - 'future Whitehawk Captain' can also be expressed as 'future WC' .................

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Whilst this lads looks good, let’s not forget that his competition for being the next ‘Ben White’ is utterly astonishing. First, there is Belgium teammate Dendoncker, there is Østigård who has done so well at Coventry, there is the left footed Roberts who looks incredible with the ball at feet, there is the promising Dutchman in Van Hecke who just tuned 21 yesterday along with the very tall Wakely we nicked off Chelsea.

There are probably more I’ve missed but the ability to be a full international is clearly a benchmark for all Albion academy players now.

Can any of them play left back, though?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
This bit had slipped under the radar a bit - well, my radar anyway. Apologies if everyone else except me knew it!

https://gateshead-fm20-career.fandom.com/wiki/Antef_Tsoungui

So that was his 2019-20 season - where was he last season? Doesn't seem to have featured in either the U23s or the U18s, at least in the second half of the season. Injured, or out under the radar somewhere else?

That link appears to be a page someone has made up for their Football Manager game. He's not been out on loan.

Last season he made 13 Premier League 2 appearances scoring 2 goals for the U23s but didn't figure in the squad for the last 8 games of the season. He was subbed off after 20 mins of his last game, so I would assume he was out injured for the rest of the season. He also played in all 3 of our EFL Trophy games and made 1 appearance for the U18's.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/antef-tsoungui/leistungsdaten/spieler/503858/plus/0?saison=2020

In the 19-20 season he made 14 appearances for the U18's, played 3 games in the FA Youth Cup, 5 PL2 appearances and 2 in the EFL Trophy.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ant...aten/spieler/503858/saison/2019/plus/1#gesamt

Last edited:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
That link appears to be a page someone has made up for their Football Manager game. He's not been out on loan.

Last season he made 13 Premier League 2 appearances scoring 2 goals for the U23s but didn't figure in the squad for the last 8 games of the season. He was subbed off after 20 mins of his last game, so I would assume he was out injured for the rest of the season. He also played in all 3 of our EFL Trophy games and made 1 appearance for the U18's.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/antef-tsoungui/leistungsdaten/spieler/503858/plus/0?saison=2020

In the 19-20 season he made 14 appearances for the U18's, played 3 games in the FA Youth Cup, 5 PL2 appearances and 2 in the EFL Trophy.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ant...aten/spieler/503858/saison/2019/plus/1#gesamt

Yep, he was injured for the last few matches of the season, although I don't know what his injury was.

He was Albion's Academy Scholar of the Season for 2020-21.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Thank you. Vis-a-vis last season, the Albion website wouldn't let me look at the U23 and U18 line-ups for the first part of the season. Didn't feature in the latter stges, so injured makes sense. Is all the Gateshead stuff fade up by some nerd with too much IT capabiity then?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Thank you. Vis-a-vis last season, the Albion website wouldn't let me look at the U23 and U18 line-ups for the first part of the season. Didn't feature in the latter stges, so injured makes sense. Is all the Gateshead stuff fade up by some nerd with too much IT capabiity then?

Yes appears to be a write up of what happened in a Football Manager game played by someone with far too much time on their hands.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006

Haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere. Hopefully, we have a sell-on.

He’s out of contract so no there is no sell-on. The undisclosed fee part is because he is under a specific age and out of contract so a nominal fee had to be paid, but it won’t be much at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here