Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ansu Fati **Signed On Loan 01/09**

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not saying all but the constant posts on here about what a superstar he was seemed to come from fifa ratings and the odd YouTube video they’d watched!
He was genuinely the next big thing in world football. At 16 years old he was starting for Barcelona in La Liga and the Champions League.
This. Meanwhile Yamal has taken Fati’s youngest ever record. And there’s this young kid Marc Guiu who doesn’t look bad either.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I love watching this kid play and the strikeforce of him and Pedro. Whilst I think it’s unlikely we’ll be able to sign him permanently, there is a chance.

Barca, despite their financial difficulties, keep producing ridiculously talented, attacking youngsters through La Masia to add their squad. If they can get a reasonable fee for Fati, I’m certain they’ll be happy to sell him as it will be pure profit, plus Xavi is really not convinced by him.

If Fati continues to enjoy himself as heseems to be, and we can qualify for Europe again, there’s every chance he’ll push for a move to us.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Seems to be a humble, hard-working lad who is very happy to be here and has fitted right in with the club/squad ethos and DeZ’s ‘mentality’. He’s clearly a fantastic talent as well……suspect we’ll be looking back on his time in a season or two as our best loan ever, starting to click now. Him, Mitoma, Joao Pedro and Adingra establishing their places together is mouthwatering. As Roberto says often…’I very lucky’.
Absolutely this. I’m happy that he’s happy. Sounds a bit soft perhaps, but we’re hosting a mega star and there’s something that makes me very proud that he’s “bought in” and isn’t Billy big bollocks having essentially stepped down a level.

Thinking back to Akpom, Leon Best, Gary Gardner, Robbie Savage and their ilk who turned up here, gave 40%, took their payday and went back to “their level”.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I love watching this kid play and the strikeforce of him and Pedro. Whilst I think it’s unlikely we’ll be able to sign him permanently, there is a chance.

Barca, despite their financial difficulties, keep producing ridiculously talented, attacking youngsters through La Masia to add their squad. If they can get a reasonable fee for Fati, I’m certain they’ll be happy to sell him as it will be pure profit, plus Xavi is really not convinced by him.

If Fati continues to enjoy himself as heseems to be, and we can qualify for Europe again, there’s every chance he’ll push for a move to us.
He may have dropped in value in the past few seasons from around £70m to £40-5m following all his injuries - but after a season with us under RDZ, he will be back to at least £75-85m imo and if game time with us helps him get reselected for La Roja, his value could be even more - on top of which we are already paying him £160,000 per week

He is contracted to 2027 and apparently has a billion euro release clause

I think it is a case of ‘dream on’ - we won’t be able to afford him!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He may have dropped in value in the past few seasons from around £70m to £40-5m following all his injuries - but after a season with us under RDZ, he will be back to at least £75-85m imo and if game time with us helps him get reselected for La Roja, his value could be even more - on top of which we are already paying him £160,000 per week

I agree. If he hits his previous form he is then out of our league. But an excellent stop gap. Hopefully Enciso will return to his old self in between.

Dec 29, 2011

We're paying his wages? Source?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Just wonderful that he continues to get better and better.

In another universe, we've out bid Palace for the services of Odsonne Eduard, Fati's signing never happened, and it's NSC with a 60 page thread moaning at his lack of goals and threat.

Oh well, back to this universe. We're the ones with a world class kid on loan from Barca and they're the ones saddled with an overpaid twat deemed not good enough for the Scottish monkey tennis league. Carry on.

Oh this made me laugh. I'd completely forgotten about the donkey Eduard. Not only did we dodge a shell from a Howitzer with that one, but we landed in a bed of roses with Ansu.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
We're paying his wages? Source?
What do you think ‘salary‘ means?

“Brighton will cover almost the entirety of the salary.”

“Brighton are covering 80% of Fati’s salary until June 2024, with no purchase option agreed between the sides.”

Could keep posting ‘sources’ but most of us just keep up 🙂

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This. Meanwhile Yamal has taken Fati’s youngest ever record. And there’s this young kid Marc Guiu who doesn’t look bad either.

I'd be more than happy for Fati to go back and Guiu to replace him as next season's 'Barca loanee', learning from RDZ and Co for a season :thumbsup:

FCB

Sep 1, 2023
I'd be more than happy for Fati to go back and Guiu to replace him as next season's 'Barca loanee', learning from RDZ and Co for a season :thumbsup:

Guiu had a dream debut and I like him but he's 17 and nowhere near ready to play regularly for you guys. He's not even a starter for Barca B in Spanish third tier. We'll see how he'll develop over next year but I doubt he'd start for lower table La Liga teams next season. Maybe a loan to a team in Segunda A (2nd tier) if Barca Atletic won't be promoted there. But first he needs to establish himself in our second team imo. He came off the bench and scored a winner for BA yesterday but we have a guy on loan from Girona (Pau Victor) who has 6 goals and 2 assists from 9 games so won't be easy for Guiu to get ahead of him.

I also don't know how high Guiu's ceilling really is. If there is one position where Barca's talent production was underwhelming over the years it's a true #9. Guys like Bojan, Munir or Sandro started well when given a chance in the first team but never made it at top level. Although to be fair to someone like Munir he's been a solid La Liga forward since he left Barca and also a starter for teams like Valencia and Sevilla at some point. Most players should be happy with a career like that.

Probably won't see Guiu in the first team anytime soon again. First, Lewa has returned from injury and second, he's one of the eight Barca youngsters called up to U17 World Cup starting in Indonesia in 10 days.

If anyone is interested in youth football besides Guiu keep your eyes on DM Marc Bernal and CBs Pau Cubarsi and Andres Cuenca. Hector Fort is also playing regular minutes for Barca B despite only being 17. Ofc Lamine Yamal would also be eligible to play in this tournament but he's already playing for senior NT.

As for Fati I think it's too soon to realistically speculate about his future but ofc that's what fans are always doing. I do believe Barca plans to sell him which is a shame as I would prefer to keep him over likes of Torres and Raphinha but from FFP perspective we would make a bigger profit selling a homegrown player than offloading guys who still have a big unamortized value on the books.

Now what Ansu wants it's another question. In the end players decide about their future. He refused offers to leave permanently saying he wants to succeed at Barca. And if he'll have a good loan I think he'll want to give it another go. Our LW position will be wide open next season. Joao Felix started his loan spell well but I'm not sure he's a true difference maker worth 60-70m I think it's the least Atletico will ask for him.

We are also linked to Nico Williams whose contract with Athletic is expiring and we could start to negotiate with him in two months time. He's close to our youngsters Balde and Yamal but latest reports were he'll sign a short-term renewal to continue playing alongside his older brother in Bilbao.

So considering alternatives I believe keeping Ansu is the best solution especially if he comes back from his loan as a much improved player which I think he wil as long as he stays injury free.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
But no transfer fee. If we paid £30million for him on a 5 year contract that's 6 million a year equivalent of one years wages we are paying.
Sure - but also no future sell on fee.
For one-off players it isn't a bad idea, but as Palace often find out, leaves a gap to be filled next season with no fee to fund it.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
It is great to see Ansu happy 😊

He is enjoying his time at Brighton, that is shown on and off the pitch, and I hope it continues (y)

It demonstrates how good we are as a club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here