[Albion] Ansu Fati **Signed On Loan 01/09**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
They are paying his wages. We just paid a loan fee to Barca of £7M or whatever it is
This isn't true. We're paying around 60% of his wages which comes to around £7m. This is the total fee.

Barca were hamstrung by their wage bill this season, so us paying a percentage of his wages was far more impactful than paying a loan fee.

Either way we're paying ~£7m, it's just the technicalities of it that differ.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
This isn't true. We're paying around 60% of his wages which comes to around £7m. This is the total fee.

Barca were hamstrung by their wage bill this season, so us paying a percentage of his wages was far more impactful than paying a loan fee.

Either way we're paying ~£7m, it's just the technicalities of it that differ.

No, sorry but you are wrong - they are not, at least we are paying the bulk of his wages amounting to around £160,00 per week. That is was the £7m loan ‘fee’ was for. Barca could not afford to keep paying Fati’s wages while he was playing so little - they needed to send him out on loan so another club would take on his salary, get him up to pre-meniscus injury condition so they could sell him at the end of the season.

It was all widely reported at the time

“Brighton & Hove Albion have signed Ansu Fati from Barcelona on a season-long loan.
The 20-year-old forward travelled for a medical on Thursday before completing the move.
Brighton will cover almost the entirety of the salary in the region of £160,000 per week.”

” Fati takes home £160,000 per week (gross) at Brighton, per Capology. It makes him the highest-paid player at Brighton. The Spaniard earns almost twice what Brighton's second-highest earner, Adam Lallana, earns at £90,000 per week (gross).”

If only I'd scrolled down a few more posts :ROFLMAO:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
If only I'd scrolled down a few more posts :ROFLMAO:
Lol - now that is funny 😂

I think it might be nearer 80% of his wages though - at least according to the media links above

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Any idea why he didn’t come on today? Full rest in the international break and still can’t get a sniff, looking like money well spent.
The fact that Moder was (in effect) playing up front for most of the game whilst Fati stayed on the bench reading the programme showed where he is with us atm. With still no Pedro you'd think he'd have been involved today, but sadly, he's been a chronic letdown.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Lol - now that is funny 😂

I think it might be nearer 80% of his wages though - at least according to the media links above
Yeah that's true, I was going more based on the £7m figure and then realised that we're not paying for the full 52 weeks obviously.

Was too lazy to change it and realised you'd already done the hard work 😂

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fati left out tonight to "work on his fitness" (as per The Athletic).
I heard he had an argument with RDZ after the Liverpool game.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
He had better not be here next season, total waste of space. Played well against a crap Ajax side twice and that's about it.

Mar 4, 2024
If you're going to get a marquee loan player for a season long loan. What is the point in treating him as a under 21 easing in to the 1st team for 3/4 of the season. He has been let down IMO.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
If you're going to get a marquee loan player for a season long loan. What is the point in treating him as an under 21 easing in to the 1st team for 3/4 of the season. He has been let down IMO.
He hasn’t - 1 it takes a while to learn the tactics, 2 he’s spent a lot of time injured before coming here he was never going to play every minute, 3 he learnt them and was beginning to come better before his injury, 4. Currently he doesn’t deserve to be in first 11 and says a lot about him if he’s not fit and we are naming mark o mahoney on the bench.
Just because your a marquee singing doesn’t give you the right to play you still have to earn your place

Jimmy Grimble

Fati left out tonight to "work on his fitness" (as per The Athletic).
What has been doing for the last 3 weeks?!

Ever week I am more and more staggered by how much money this has cost us.

Mar 4, 2024
He hasn’t - 1 it takes a while to learn the tactics, 2 he’s spent a lot of time injured before coming here he was never going to play every minute, 3 he learnt them and was beginning to come better before his injury, 4. Currently he doesn’t deserve to be in first 11 and says a lot about him if he’s not fit and we are naming mark o mahoney on the bench.
Just because your a marquee singing doesn’t give you the right to play you still have to earn your place
Fair comment. But but my point is we got the deal to make a positive difference in 1 season.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Fair comment. But but my point is we got the deal to make a positive difference in 1 season.
We did and I hoped for a bit more and we were seeing signs of it before the injury. It works both ways though this was a 16 year old kid hailed the next Messi but after season 1 he had bad injuries and loss of form. He should be wanting to show everyone on and off the pitch how good he is so he’s in Barcelona’s plans for next season. At the moment he wouldn’t even be in our thoughts let alone their’s and I suspect unless something changes drastically all he will ever be is a wonder kid who didn’t reach his potential

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If you're going to get a marquee loan player for a season long loan. What is the point in treating him as a under 21 easing in to the 1st team for 3/4 of the season. He has been let down IMO.
HE's been let down? F*** me, that's one hell of a lot of pushing back reality in once sentence!

Mar 4, 2024
We did and I hoped for a bit more and we were seeing signs of it before the injury. It works both ways though this was a 16 year old kid hailed the next Messi but after season 1 he had bad injuries and loss of form. He should be wanting to show everyone on and off the pitch how good he is so he’s in Barcelona’s plans for next season. At the moment he wouldn’t even be in our thoughts let alone their’s and I suspect unless something changes drastically all he will ever be is a wonder kid who didn’t reach his potential
See your point. Hope in the remaining games he can prove us wrong. Like him to be a success.

Jimmy Grimble

See your point. Hope in the remaining games he can prove us wrong. Like him to be a success.
With 8 games remaining and an inability to be match fit after weeks without a game, he’s going to need to do something extraordinary to be a success.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports