Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another view of our city....

D

Deleted User X18H

What a load of rubbish.

Old Brighton Pier? Was the West Pier in my day.

It just shows all the coperate elements of the town.

No North Laine. No Hanover. The Dials? Queens Park?

Brighton Homes? Will they be around next year? I doubt it.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
What a load of rubbish.

Old Brighton Pier? Was the West Pier in my day.

It just shows all the coperate elements of the town.

No North Laine. No Hanover. The Dials? Queens Park?

Brighton Homes? Will they be around next year? I doubt it.

It was the West pier when built and certainly was during the war...but you were'nt allowed on it.
What was you expecting on a two minute video...What you quoted as well...perhaps a tour of the sewers to end with...Jeez...get a life
Must be sad if all you can do is moan....lighten up!

D

Deleted User X18H

It was the West pier when built and certainly was during the war...but you were'nt allowed on it.What was you expecting on a two minute video...What you quoted as well...perhaps a tour of the sewers to end with...Jeez...get a life
Must be sad if all you can do is moan....lighten up!

What? Stay in Hailsham luv.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Er...stay in Hailsham luv? Do you mean I must not leave and go and see the Albion . Born in Brighton mate...before the war,lived Brighton most of my life,married a Hove girl, Mother still lives there....I think I qualify for making comments on my home city

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What? Stay in Hailsham luv.

Both the Palace Pier and West Pier had parts of their decking removed in 1940 to prevent them being used by the enemy as a landing stage. The beaches were also mined and sealed off with barbed wire. Seagull on the wing was correct by saying you weren't allowed on it. The West Pier was closed in 1975 , I wonder how many Brightonians and Hovites can claim to have been on both piers ?

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
Both the Palace Pier and West Pier had parts of their decking removed in 1940 to prevent them being used by the enemy as a landing stage. The beaches were also mined and sealed off with barbed wire. Seagull on the wing was correct by saying you weren't allowed on it. The West Pier was closed in 1975 , I wonder how many Brightonians and Hovites can claim to have been on both piers ?

Me I used to fish off the landing stage at the end of west pier as a kid also did the speedboat trip from palace pier under west pier and back

D

Deleted User X18H

Moi.

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here