Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another UKIP loon - mainstream party voters should be hung for treason

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They were sleeper cells like the IRA on main land Europe and England. They were planted months ago but were activated in the last week. Strange that all of a sudden that so many UKIP councilors are coming out with all this crap and lies now just before the European elections. We won't be fooled thats for sure.

Comedy gold.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/05/14/VIDEO-UKIP-rally-footage-and-protests

On one side of the road you have UKIP supporters minding their own business, peacefully exercising their democratic rights - on the other, you have "anti"-facists employing intimidation tactics. Why is it the supposedly intolerant UKIP appear far more tolerant than their opponents?

TV and newspapers, by irresponsibly whipping up anti-UKIP sentiment and creating a culture of fear, are putting lives at risk. This is becoming a political Helm's Deep, UKIP against the media and entire LIB-LAB-CON establishment.

Oh and https://fullfact.org/factchecks/romanian_criminals_UK_Britain-28799

"Romania does seem to find a particularly large proportion of their citizens in the UK arrested by the Met police."

"when taken together with the prison population figures, it does seem reasonable to conclude that Romania has an unusually high number of its citizens involved in crime given the size of the Romanian population in the UK."

This is what Farage was actually getting at when comparing German and Romanian neighbours btw.

I am not for one second agreeing with everything that his party says or does, but I also accept that with the parties views on tighter immigration, and a serious chance of success in this election, the nutters on the right side of the spectrum will come to UKIP and throw their support behind it.

I believe that wanting severe restrictions against immigration is a valid political position. If you think that that's racist or xenophobic then you're free to think that. However don't mind others not thinking that as they're going by the actual definition of those words.

A very cogent and balanced argument.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/05/14/VIDEO-UKIP-rally-footage-and-protests

On one side of the road you have UKIP supporters minding their own business, peacefully exercising their democratic rights - on the other, you have "anti"-facists employing intimidation tactics. Why is it the supposedly intolerant UKIP appear far more tolerant than their opponents?

TV and newspapers, by irresponsibly whipping up anti-UKIP sentiment and creating a culture of fear, are putting lives at risk. This is becoming a political Helm's Deep, UKIP against the media and entire LIB-LAB-CON establishment.

Oh and https://fullfact.org/factchecks/romanian_criminals_UK_Britain-28799

"Romania does seem to find a particularly large proportion of their citizens in the UK arrested by the Met police."

"when taken together with the prison population figures, it does seem reasonable to conclude that Romania has an unusually high number of its citizens involved in crime given the size of the Romanian population in the UK."

This is what Farage was actually getting at when comparing German and Romanian neighbours btw.

I am not for one second agreeing with everything that his party says or does, but I also accept that with the parties views on tighter immigration, and a serious chance of success in this election, the nutters on the right side of the spectrum will come to UKIP and throw their support behind it.

I believe that wanting severe restrictions against immigration is a valid political position. If you think that that's racist or xenophobic then you're free to think that. However don't mind others not thinking that as they're going by the actual definition of those words.

Black people are 5 times more likely to be in prison than white - Therefore, it we consider Romanians white, they should be welcomed and we send the blacks home right?? See that's the problem with discriminating against people based upon their nationality, ethnicity or anything else that they can do naff all about. Whatever you're trying to say, using someones ethnicity or race to discriminate against them is textbook racism. Not wanted to live next door to a family because they're Romanian is racist. You know, I was listening to Nick Griffin on the radio the other day - I have far more respect for him than the UKIPs, at least he doesn't try and mask his racism.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Japan is a great example of the high wealth - low birth rate effect, it is the one Western nation that has strict immigration policies and as a result is actually seeing their population decrease. The government is frantically encouraging people to have more children as it has been damaging to its economy for some time, but it's likely to become a real crisis in the future, despite strong post-recession growth. They have only survived for so long like this because of its culture of producing a hard working, educated and innovative workforce who at the same time are extremely heavy consumers - they may be the exception to the rule, as I'm sure any other Western nation would face serious economic problems if its population growth stagnated in such away, but that said for the first time in Japan, mass-immigration is being considered.

The bottom line is that immigration is happening for the wrong reasons, it is purely to boost the economy. It's not about bringing in skilled workers, as much as they might tell you that, they just need more workers of all skill levels to keep the population and economy growing.

As far as capitalist governments and everyone who profits from them are concerned - the more the merrier - the greater the population, the greater the profit.

Japan? WESTERN?

Capitalist yes. Part of the G8? Yes. Western. Not really is it?

That's a factor that needs to be considered. Take the EU out of the equation and immigration to Japan is not actually that attractive. People come here because English is the common world business and link language. Relatively few people speak Japanese as a second language and even fewer understand their culture and business ethics well enough to emigrate there and survive. You can't compare it to the UK.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
What is your point, exactly?

Are you trying to say that black people can't be racist?

I would have thought the point was obvious. But for the feeble minded a quick clarification. UKIP has been consistently smeared as "racist" against black and Asian people. Therefore, citing the fact that a number of people from those communities are standing for UKIP would seem to counteract that argument.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I cannot wait for the Conservatives to leave No 10 next year, taking that whimpering cell bitch Clegg with him, when this happens, and it will, UKIP will also disappear back from whence they came. Then all left to do is for Labour to get a leader with a spine who is willing to return Labour to it's core values and get back into power ensuring we have at least four years of a forward thinking, progressive party in power. It all seem so easy no?
Ah,my old political sparring opponent has written his words of wisdom again.
So you want Labour back in power,they who ruined the economy,sold off our gold reserves,took us into an illegal war.,country run by Union Barons..take a look around Nibble,How's the country doing now ?...more exports,more jobs,economy getting stronger.
You mentioned in another post that UKIP are racist...we are a small country that can only hold so many extra souls,remember we have to house these people,give them schools, Doctors,NHS services,they have to have water,power and other services...where are they coming from...our overstretched power stations...do we sacrifice the Green Belt land to put estates up ? UKIP is NOT against immigration...they are against the country being flooded out with people.
Fact.Before election Labour promised a referendum on Europe but reneged
Fact,Before election Tories promised a referendum on Europe and reneged
Fact,Lib Dems would not consider a referendum.
So if I as a voter , would like a say in the referendum on the IN/OUT issue who is left to vote for.
UKIP.
European parliament may not be democractic,there might be a lot of 'fiddles' going on (unable to verify accounts for 13 odd years)
There is a lot of waste...moving parliament HQ from Brussels to Strasbourg every six months then back again.
If I thought that a European member of parliament...(Say European because if I single out a particular nation it would come with cries of Racist) was doing a terrible job in the government...could I vote against him or vote him out... NO oh! so very democractic.
Agree with you on one thing Nibs...you're right about Clegg....another who reneges on a promise.
If you think Labour are progressive...seem to remember no voter voted for Brown...he was handed that on a plate...Ed Milliband only got in with union backing...someone who is willing to Kow Tow to the Unions. Did Blair have a backbone,he that sidled up to Mr Bush...nah! (Wonder why Blair has blocked his letters from the Chilcott inquiry ? )

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I would have thought the point was obvious. But for the feeble minded a quick clarification. UKIP has been consistently smeared as "racist" against black and Asian people. Therefore, citing the fact that a number of people from those communities are standing for UKIP would seem to counteract that argument.

Maybe UKIP wouldn't be "smeared" if they kept their bigoted views off of social media. Just a thought...

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Wrong. I refer you to the post I made some moments ago.

Yes, I read it - The fact that they have fielded candidates from ethnic minorities explicitly to try and counter accusations of racism in no way masks the fact that this is a party who wish to discriminate against people based upon their ethnicity.

ChicagoGull

May 17, 2014
Black people are 5 times more likely to be in prison than white - Therefore, it we consider Romanians white, they should be welcomed and we send the blacks home right?? See that's the problem with discriminating against people based upon their nationality, ethnicity or anything else that they can do naff all about. Whatever you're trying to say, using someones ethnicity or race to discriminate against them is textbook racism. Not wanted to live next door to a family because they're Romanian is racist. You know, I was listening to Nick Griffin on the radio the other day - I have far more respect for him than the UKIPs, at least he doesn't try and mask his racism.

In 2009/10 black people were 3.3 times more likely to be arrested than white people. Not five.

Except xenophobia and racism aren't the political position of UKIP, they are the hysterical accusations of their opponents. You are vilifying and characterising a group of people you dislike. Yet, ironically, that is one of the things you are suggesting they do.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Japan is a great example of the high wealth-low birth rate effect, it is the one Western nation that has strict immigration policies and as a result is actually seeing their population decrease.

They are most certainly not the only "Western" country with strict immigration policies and as someone else has said is not a typical "Western" nation either. And you cannot link the ageing population/population decrease with strict immigration. Italy and Spain for instance has some of the greatest ageing population problems of any country yet their immigration policies are relatively lax.

It's not about bringing in skilled workers, as much as they might tell you that, they just need more workers of all skill levels to keep the population and economy growing

Sorry but I am not sure what point you're making here. The Japanese immigration department are not going to restrict immigration to brain surgeons and rocket scientists, they are going to target those people with the necessary skills at whatever level they deem there's a shortage. I don't think anyone's saying otherwise are they? It already happens in Australia where, for instance, hairdressers and the like are in demand in certain parts of the country and people with the necessary skills and the willingness to move there can get the requisite points.

As far as capitalist governments and everyone who profits from them are concerned - the more the merrier - the greater the population, the greater the profit.

This is simply not true. There's a reason why America build a dirty great fence to keep illegal Mexicans out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here