Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another S**t Sat Night on TV

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Spend whole evening opening up chimney breast to release trapped pigeon:rolleyes:

Sunday - clear up mess and repair chimney breast.......

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Spend whole evening opening up chimney breast to release trapped pigeon:rolleyes:

Sunday - clear up mess and repair chimney breast.......

I had similar happen to me. I thought my neighbour was doing work on the other side of the wall. This went on for two days and nights so I decided to investigate further what this constant tapping noise was behind the boarded up fireplace. Turned out to be a baby seagull. I released it and my wife opened the window on the 1st floor where we eventually managed to coral the bird into leaving. It landed on the road in front of the house and a cat pounced on it, by the time we got downstairs to chase the cat off, all was quiet and the bird and cat were both gone. I hope it survived!

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I had similar happen to me. I thought my neighbour was doing work on the other side of the wall. This went on for two days and nights so I decided to investigate further what this constant tapping noise was behind the boarded up fireplace. Turned out to be a baby seagull. I released it and my wife opened the window on the 1st floor where we eventually managed to coral the bird into leaving. It landed on the road in front of the house and a cat pounced on it, by the time we got downstairs to chase the cat off, all was quiet and the bird and cat were both gone. I hope it survived!
Seeing your user name, it probably thought it was visiting a relative! Ours sat on the lawn for a few minutes looking very sorry for itself, then flew off.

Are there any builders/roofers on NSC who can mesh chimney tops to stop this happening?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill

Is that another way of saying you threw it out of the window if it "landed" on the road outside?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
There always boxing on a Friday or Saturday. If not then we normally end up watching something Sky Plus'd during the week, also Discovery or History etc usually have something interesting on.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Nat Geo. Lost Civilisation. They've found a massive temple at least 11, 000 years old under a hill in Turkey.

This place was built 6'000 years before the pyramids whe we were still pre pottery and domesticated animals..pre the wheel, it's got huge monoliths covered in beautiful carved leopards etc. incredible. We were still in the ice age.

taped that! looks wicked.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
We don't bother with the telly on a Saturday evening.
Good wine and food at home usually,with a bit of music in the background.Eventually stagger upstairs and fall into bed.
Too old for wild sex after all that wine......have to wait until the next day!!:)

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Probably nature's way of telling you to switch the telly off and venture outdoors and do something else instead on one of our half-dozen non-shite Summer weekend days of the year.

I would have gone out, but with my 2 children asleep upstairs i couldnt really go very far

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
I'm surprised nobody mentioned The Walking Dead on last night. I watched that, and the Americans and then finally Williem Haige
speech(25.Jun.13) at Reagan Library, LA.

Good therapy for a good nights sleep!

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
Err..bring back the black and white minstrels? Not sure where you're going there bud.

Better than programmes with Paddy Mc****wit the Voice, BGT and all of the other stuff/shite. Thank goodness for Sky television to let us get away from BBC1 and ITV1. Anything on Sky Sports or reruns of the B&WMS is better than their offerings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here